Talk

Advanced search

To be nervous getting a Tesco delivery?

(54 Posts)
Mumofapuppa Fri 05-Jun-20 16:51:48

I have never done an online shop with tesco because I am unsure of what I need to do when the driver gets here. How do I bring the shopping into the house? Is it in bags or do I carry each individual item into the house from those crates? Should I just stick to the shop?

OP’s posts: |
Lipz Sat 06-Jun-20 13:03:37

I'm in Ireland and it's just mental how they are doing it here. Wish they did it like the UK.

Here there are No bags so everything is loose in trays. Depending on drivers, most bring to front door, 2 bring to end of drive way. We carry crates into house empty and bring crates back out. Thankfully dh is here to lift them but there was a day he was at a funeral and I had to empty them into the hall way and the kids brought them into the kitchen, thank god I had 5 kids, if I had of known this was on the horizon I would have had more grin

I have shopped online with tesco for nearly 20 years, the drivers are usually lovely, helpful and just really nice. I have found with these new drivers that they had to take on are rude and unhelpful. The guy I had Thursday asked me if I could empty them quicker that I was delaying the next time slots !! He wouldn't allow me to bring the crates into the house so it was all been done at our very narrow front door.

I'm sure and it does sound like the UK are on this much better and I look forward to the day when my old drivers are back and wheel it all into my house.

Once he arrives he'll probably say he's dropping at front door, carry the bags into your kitchen and that's it.

TimeWastingButFun Sat 06-Jun-20 13:08:09

It's been a while since we had a Tesco shop and they don't allow bags here. So the items are loose in the crates. Last time I had a delivery I asked the delivery man to put everything into empty washing baskets on the hall floor.

janet1267 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:54:15

Just to say that until recently mine has been bagged in the crates, but on my last two deliveries the items are mostly loose in the crates again, as they used to be. So depending on where you are, your shopping may not be in bags. I'm in London.

mrsspooky Sun 07-Jun-20 08:43:35

Ive never thought to tip but always say big thanks and often message tesco with thanks as they are really really friendly and nice. When we were on crates rather than bags pre covid Id just put my big shopping bags by the front door and then put everything straight in quick as a flash, super easy and just so much better than going to the shops with children!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in