Talk

Advanced search

To have never have known this?

(4 Posts)
PrincessHoneysuckle Fri 05-Jun-20 11:20:22

I'm 40.After a good 20 odd years of dancing along to young hearts run free by Candi Staton at various weddings,christening xmas parties etc I've clicked that it not a fun whimsical song about young people,running free etc it's about her relationship going to shit but not being able to leave because she loves him so much so shes warning the youngsters not to do the same.I know I've got too much time on my hands but I'm sober and listening to the lyrics properly on the radio for the first time.Any other songs that are different to what they appear to be?

OP’s posts: |
StCharlotte Fri 05-Jun-20 12:05:26

Agreed OP. It was this line that made me realise it wasn't all hearts and flowers: "You'll get the babies, but you won't have your man".

I was single for a long time and it became my smug-UNmarried anthem, along with Band of Gold grin

StCharlotte Fri 05-Jun-20 12:09:47

"You're Gorgeous" by Baby Bird is another one that shouldn't be taken at face value. I find it quite uncomfortable to listen to. Imagine if it sung by a woman...

PrincessHoneysuckle Fri 05-Jun-20 13:42:33

It's not fair by lily Allen is another

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »