Talk

Advanced search

Teachers rotating between bubbles

(8 Posts)
WindFlower92 Thu 04-Jun-20 21:06:48

Just been given the rota/plan for when my secondary school goes back from 15th June. Idea is that pupils are in groups of 11/12 and will stay in one classroom, with 3 teachers going in to them - English, Maths and Science. These 3 teachers will teach 3 bubbles in total, so potentially 36 kids. Doesn't this defeat the point of bubbles? Apparently we aren't going to come into contact with any of them, but all 3 of my classes have some quite naughty kids in them and I can't rely on them just following rules and taking this seriously! Felt okayish about this when I thought it would just be 10 kids, but 36 feels like a lot, not sure if I'm overreacting though confused

OP’s posts: |
Bluewavescrashing Thu 04-Jun-20 21:08:54

I'm primary so it's more straightforward to set up. I have 8 children in my bubble with my TA.

Is what you've described the only way it can work?

bridgetreilly Thu 04-Jun-20 21:24:22

No, it doesn't defeat the point. You need to make sure you wash your hands really thoroughly between the groups, but it's still significantly less risk of transmission than if all 36 were in the same room.

amy85 Thu 04-Jun-20 21:45:49

Defeats the object....you can spend up to 15 minutes with a bubble before you become part of that bubble...lessons should be taught remotely

amy85 Thu 04-Jun-20 21:47:30

I will point out I'm not exactly sure where this 15 minute time limit has come from but is what my school keeps telling us about...we have set bubbles then a few extra staff who can support for up to 15 minutes at a time when needed

museumum Thu 04-Jun-20 21:54:40

Seems ok to me. How many do you usually teach? 150 or so?
36 is quite traceable and even a month ago around 1 in 400 people were infected.

RippleEffects Thu 04-Jun-20 21:58:31

Those kids who lark because they dont want to be in school or have complex issues/ home lives. Do you think they'll show up?

WindFlower92 Fri 05-Jun-20 09:57:03

Fair enough, I just felt that a bubble was fine, but 3 bubbles just expands it more! True @RippleEffects, hopefully lots will decide to stay at home!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in