Talk

Advanced search

Spending so much on bamboo material sheets???

(6 Posts)
commuters30 Thu 04-Jun-20 11:56:03

I want to spend £50 on bamboo fire bedding for my baby because my friends tell me they are more absorbant, better temperature regulated and more anti bacterial.

My DH thinks I'm mental and should just buy normal cotton stuff. Am I the only one here interested in something fancier than cotton???

OP’s posts: |
suziedoozy Thu 04-Jun-20 12:24:37

Seems perfectly reasonable to me - mine has cotton bedding but a merino wools grobag which is amazing at both keeping her warm or cool depending what is needed.

commuters30 Thu 04-Jun-20 12:46:37

commuters30

I want to spend £50 on bamboo fire bedding for my baby because my friends tell me they are more absorbant, better temperature regulated and more anti bacterial.

My DH thinks I'm mental and should just buy normal cotton stuff. Am I the only one here interested in something fancier than cotton???

sorry I meant bamboo FIBRE

OP’s posts: |
Kirschcherry Thu 04-Jun-20 13:22:54

I love bamboo products they are so soft. I’m off to look for bamboo sheets for my bed. If you can afford it then YANBU.

TheNoodlesIncident Thu 04-Jun-20 13:29:18

I would definitely buy the bamboo fibre bedding, but I would get it for my bed and not baby's! I have a bamboo fitted bottom sheet (from John Lewis) and it is LOVELY.

But, I wouldn't bother with it for a baby's cot because they will be growing out of it in months. The baby won't notice the difference what sheet they spit up milk on, they really won't. Cotton sheets will be just fine, especially those nice brushed cotton ones. The anti-bacterial, extra-absorbent, temperature regulating properties will be negligible and not worth spending extra dosh on.

I get that you're most likely a new mum and nothing is too good for your precious cherub, but honestly, get the nice sheets for you and your DH, you will appreciate them much more! #TeamDH

If you can afford it, crack on. If you'd stretch to manage it, don't bother.

RedHelenB Thu 04-Jun-20 13:29:23

I think yabu, cotton is fine but if you have the money then obviously you gave the freedom of choice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »