Talk

Advanced search

How do I turn this around?

(8 Posts)
louise002 Thu 04-Jun-20 01:00:41

I’m miserable, working from home, I think I’ve drank every day for the past 4 weeks, weight is piling on I hate to see myself in the mirror, I’m exhausted, sickly looking and anxious, about health ironically.

Every night I go to bed with a fresh perspective full of good intentions but by 6pm I’m knee deep in gin and microwave food thinking tomorrow is the day.

Someone please make me get a bloody grip.

OP’s posts: |
Defender90 Thu 04-Jun-20 01:05:10

Are you me?

So similar. The not having to drive in the morning is like a gateway to 'oh sod it have another'

I've made a plan (set an alarm on my phone) to have breakfast and lunch, then dinner when DH gets in. Small step but to keep some normal.

wabbie Thu 04-Jun-20 01:25:46

Why don't you have a goal and try and cook something new twice a week? Xx

Hairyhat Thu 04-Jun-20 01:26:46

Me too op. No help sorry.

itstrue Thu 04-Jun-20 01:28:10

Sounds like me too! I'm getting on top of things now. I set myself 1 task that I've been putting off for the day. It seemed to work to get my head back on board.

BlueBirdGreenFence Thu 04-Jun-20 02:03:57

I've had to put in a routine. It's pretty much a normal working day but no commute. Up, washed, dressed, breakfast. I wear headphones and am not to be disturbed during working hours. I have a simple lunch and go for a walk every single day on my break. Once it's 5pm everything is turned off regardless of what's happening. I usually hate routine but it's all that's keeping me sane atm.

Pixxie7 Thu 04-Jun-20 02:15:11

It difficult to get motivated at the moment we don’t really know what is happening from one day to the next. Perhaps try and set yourself a time limit say 2 weeks from now to achieve your goal.

CSIblonde Thu 04-Jun-20 05:47:09

Do one thing at a time. Cut the drinking back down to what it used to be. When you feel on top of that look at some You Tube beginner's short fitness routines & start eating healthy rather than seeing it as a diet. As pp said, routine helps. Every time I want to snack now I do my ten min exercises on top of the scheduled every day one. , Im feeling way better & more positive generally & weight is coming off. I'm also going for a short walk every day just to get fresh air.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »