Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else finding 30s more challenging than their 20s?!

(4 Posts)
C1239 Wed 03-Jun-20 20:38:47

Am I the only one who is finding being mid 30s more challenging than my 20s?! 20s seemed so much more carefree, sort of felt invincible! I’m more settled in my 30s, long term partner, own a property, more happy with my career than in my 20s but being an ‘adult’ can be tricky?! Decisions seem so much more important in your 30s?! And I feel like you’re meant to have it all sorted ?!

OP’s posts: |
Bibijayne Wed 03-Jun-20 20:39:58

I think it's just different. Some things are raiser mid 30s than mid 20s, but others not. I have more responsibilities, but then I am more.comfortae in who I am/ boundaries on the flip side.

Bibijayne Wed 03-Jun-20 20:40:29

*easier. It sure why autocorrect changed that.

Cakecakes2011 Wed 03-Jun-20 22:22:38

I found 20s more of a fun challenge, whereas 30s is more of an exhausting you’ve made your bed now lie in it type affair!

Career, marriage, house and kids in my 30s...which all came as a bit of a shock after living a lovely carefree 20s where I loved and lost and travelled and had a few different jobs and spent as fast as I earned.

I’m glad I have everything ‘sorted’ now...as I’d always intended to by my 30s...but I’ve never worked so hard and I’m exhausted and for the first few years I couldn’t get away from the feeling that I’d crashed down to Earth with a massive thud and that life had suddenly become a bit mundane and that I’d lost my freedom!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »