Talk

Advanced search

Where do I stand ( furlough related)

(7 Posts)
kerrymucklowe2020 Tue 02-Jun-20 21:29:24

Have been furloughed ( work as a TA for more than one agency). Just wondering where I stand if schools go back ( properly?) And I'm asked to work as. I've told my DD school that she's not going back til September as when I made the decision I thought that's when most of the kids will be back and schools fully re opened - will I have to pay furlough back?

OP’s posts: |
TARSCOUT Tue 02-Jun-20 21:39:18

Once you are told to go back then you won't be furloughed. You can ask to be but employer won't necessarily have to grant this request. You can also ask for holidays and unpaid leave.

kerrymucklowe2020 Wed 03-Jun-20 17:49:00

I don't get leave or holidays as it's an agency. I just want to know if I get offered work and turn it down as even if my child went to school it's probably only 2 days anyway

AStarSoBright Wed 03-Jun-20 17:51:09

If you get offered work and turn it down your furlough payments will stop unless your employer agrees to continue to furlough you. You don't have to pay back any furlough payments already received.

KellyHall Wed 03-Jun-20 17:51:39

You can't be asked to repay any furlough money. It is paid for periods you have already been off, it's not paid in advance and it's paid by the government, not your employer(s).

kerrymucklowe2020 Thu 04-Jun-20 19:21:27

Phew! Thanks

Di11y Thu 04-Jun-20 19:24:18

if you're back at work surely your dd would be classed as a key worker child and go to school as you're in education?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »