Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy straight after early miscarriage?

(18 Posts)
G2742N Tue 02-Jun-20 19:40:27

Looking for advice. MC at 5 weeks decided not to take contraception and stop trying, carried on as normal now waiting for af. It would be due today but I know it can take longer for first period after MC. For anyone who has had a MC and gotten pregnant straight away how long did you wait to test/ wait for period before you thought you might be pregnant again ? Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Allfednonedead Tue 02-Jun-20 19:51:58

I got pregnant before my first period after my first miscarriage. I think I tested almost immediately my period was due.
Unfortunately, I miscarried again. Went straight back to ttc, and had a whole cycle this time before getting pregnant again. With twins!
Apparently the reason they tell you to wait after a miscarriage is mostly to make it easier to date the pregnancy.
And you are more likely to have multiples after a miscarriage - I always imagine it as the ovaries getting confused about whose turn it is to ovulate this month.
DTs are now seven.

Hibbetyhob Tue 02-Jun-20 20:06:50

I also got pg with dc2 straight after a mc; I probably was about 5 weeks when I tested as it was a complete surprise (had needed fertility treatment to conceive dc1). I only realised I might be pg again because I had morning sickness.

Result of that pg is 6 now and currently muttering Harry Potter spells to himself as he falls asleep.

I’m really sorry for your loss and hope this is it for you.

Wrenna Tue 02-Jun-20 20:14:18

After my MC the Drs. told us to wait a month to have sex. We waited three weeks and I conceived right away and went on to have a healthy baby. I knew I was pregnant before I tested because I had the same symptoms, i tested early but that was 18 years ago so tests might not have been that fast though. I believe it was the day after my period was due and I tested positive.

G2742N Tue 02-Jun-20 21:16:37

Thank you everyone that's so helpful I really appreciate your comments! Fingers crossed we have been lucky and we have a healthy pregnancy next time

peanutbutterandfluff Tue 02-Jun-20 21:21:48

I had a positive pregnancy test exactly 4 weeks after my early miscarriage (other pregnancy tests were was negative in the 3-4 days before that - I was addicted to testing!). He’s 18 months old now.

Fingers crossed for you!

StatisticallyChallenged Tue 02-Jun-20 21:26:33

My 10 year old was conceived immediately after an early MC - in my case dates lined up with the start of MC bleeding being around cycle day 1.

G2742N Tue 02-Jun-20 21:30:28

Oh wow so the cycles don't necessarily take longer to return that's interesting! I'm so glad you all had happy outcomes. There's hope for me yet 🙏

BeenThereDone Tue 02-Jun-20 22:09:25

Yes happened to me. I had an early Mc and was advised by the Dr to wait before ttc again. I was scheduled for depro injection on the first day of next periodbecause we decided to wait a good while.
Well period never arrived, ds2 did instead. grin

G2742N Tue 02-Jun-20 22:20:57

Thank you maybe I should do a test. I'm too scared I think 🤦🏻‍♀️

Frume Tue 02-Jun-20 22:24:48

MV at 6+6. Fell pregnant 4 weeks after. Prem baby, but now a healthy 6.5yo!

katiikinsxx Thu 18-Jun-20 21:16:00

I'm currently 4 weeks pregnant. I had my early miscarriage 4 weeks ago too! I was 6 weeks gone. I took the first response pregnancy test when I was 9DPO. Thats as soon as I found out!

Angel2702 Thu 18-Jun-20 21:27:14

I fell pregnant two weeks after Mc with my eldest. I’d had two miscarriages and each time took six months to fall pregnant so didn’t think I’d get pregnant within weeks. I tested as if Mc was day one of cycle.

weegiemum Thu 18-Jun-20 21:54:10

I had an early mc in between Dd1 and ds - fell pg with ds in 2nd cycle after the mc. There's exactly 2 years (well, 1 year 362 days) between them!

whiplashy Thu 18-Jun-20 22:00:23

it’s def possible

Sexnotgender Thu 18-Jun-20 22:09:46

My pregnancy after early miscarriage is currently 16 months old 😊 I fell pregnant immediately with no period in between. Tested once my period should have been due.

TJ17 Thu 18-Jun-20 22:39:21

Hi

When trying for my DS (now almost 3)
I had positive test in Nov and MC by 5 weeks
Normal period and normal cycle in Dec
January another positive test MC again at 5 weeks
In February I then tested day of period due (I assumed it would be the normal 28 week cycle even after MC as it was the time before) and I was pregnant again and this time it stuck! DS coming up to 3

So yeah you can absolutely be pregnant the next month after a MC!

Good luck smile xxx

TJ17 Thu 18-Jun-20 22:41:46

My cycles are usually always about 28 days and even with the MCs I counted day 1 of bleeding as day 1 of cycle and I still seemed to have a period 28 days after that
I was shocked as well that it didn't mess my cycle up at all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »