Talk

Advanced search

To be hurt

(6 Posts)
Ohlordysugarandspice Tue 02-Jun-20 12:53:04

I'm in a bit of a strange situation. A good friend has stopped talking to me. She told me something about her past and has since regretted telling me. I haven't told anyone and never will. I have assured her of this. I think she believes I'm judging her. I'm not at all. Where do I go from here? I've done nothing wrong. She chose to tell me something, I didn't ask and now I'm minus a friend because of it. I'm also worried about her as she's stopped communicating.

OP’s posts: |
Naimee87 Tue 02-Jun-20 13:34:42

It sounds to me like you may be the only person she has told and she is feeling relieved but also quite embarrassed? is that the right word, i'm not sure. I would keep trying to be there for her. Maybe she thinks or thought what she told you would make you run away and not want to be friends anymore so she's pushing you away to test your friendship. If she's a good friend, definitely worth perserving and trying to get in touch with her.

BumpBundle Tue 02-Jun-20 14:09:17

Just message her and tell her you're always there when she's ready. When she's ready then she'll come back.

Ohlordysugarandspice Tue 02-Jun-20 14:47:00

Thank you

SunshineLollipopsRainbow Tue 02-Jun-20 16:37:06

I agree with the post that said she could be pushing you away as shes protecting herself ik case you judge or reject her... keep trying to be there and let her know that and hopefully she'll begin to believe you xx

Ohlordysugarandspice Tue 02-Jun-20 17:00:22

Thanks. You're probably right.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »