Talk

Advanced search

To ask advice on potty training

(6 Posts)
5lilducks Mon 01-Jun-20 17:07:09

Posting here for traffic. I am a first time mum so not really sure about what I should be doing. This morning dd (2.5 yrs ) asked to wear her "big girl knickers". She has been doing quite well in them so far without any accidents. Hasn't done a poo yet as she currently tends to go after dinner (sorry tmi). I hope she will go as normal and not withhold. She is prone to constipation and a big fear I have now is whether she will go back to being constipated due to withholding. But my question is re. putting her in nappy pants. I put have put her in nappy pants at nap time today and I am thinking of doing so at night time as well to prevent any accidents. But what would you do when going out, for example to a park or grandparents? Would it be okay to put her in nappy pants then or would we be confusing her? We have got her a travel potty as well, so would you suggest just making her use the travel potty? What if she wants to go when we are driving? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
Neverender Mon 01-Jun-20 17:44:56

I left mine in nappies for naps and drives and overnight. That's it - travel potty for the rest, or I can lift her up and she will wee (in the woods etc.)

5lilducks Mon 01-Jun-20 18:37:01

@neverender. Thanks for that. I think I might put her in nappies too when driving somewhere.

Selfsettling3 Mon 01-Jun-20 18:42:13

Nappy for sleep as night dryness is hormone based but not for any other times.

CastleCrasher Mon 01-Jun-20 18:44:17

I did nappies (actually pull ups) for maps and nights. Put a towel and puppy pass under them for car journeys, only ever had one accident across 2dc.

Once the pull up was dry for a week with nap, I stopped using it.

For nights, it was when they were consistently dry for three weeks (probably could have done it sooner, but at least it worked!)

5lilducks Tue 02-Jun-20 20:59:15

Thanks all for your replies smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in