Talk

Advanced search

To think 7 family members not living together should be treated the same as 7 teenagers.

(5 Posts)
StatisticalSense Sun 31-May-20 14:02:10

Clearly many on here believe that their own circumstances mean that they can bend the restrictions coming into place tomorrow, whether that is because their child is only young, because they have a large family, or because they are low risk. At the same time people are constantly moaning about groups of young people meeting and saying these people should be punished. If anything the family groups add more risk to society as these people are more likely to be at work, going shopping or otherwise coming into contact with a much greater number of people than the typical teenager who will go out with the same group of mates and largely stay in their bedroom the rest of the time. As far as I am concerned this means the police should be acting stronger to take action against families breaking the rules rather than solely targeting the younger generation as many forces seem to be doing and that as people will soon be allowed to meet in gardens we need to create a responsibility for neighbors to report those who have more than 6 in their garden or who are not social distancing.

OP’s posts: |
BumpBundle Sun 31-May-20 16:38:06

From a scientific perspective on how viruses actually spread 7 individuals from 7 households is far more dangerous than 7 individuals from one household.
Whereas 8 people from one household is safer than six people from six households - and yet the more dangerous one doesn't break the rules. The rules are there to be simple but do not always accurately reflect the risk. Use your sensible judgment.

AMostExcellentStick Sun 31-May-20 17:21:18

A household of four meeting a household of five is surely lower risk of transferring virus than six people (of any age) meeting from six separate households.

I rather think that the police shouldn't be doing anything on the basis of the age of those involved...

Isn't the moaning about young people having met up over the last few weeks, when it's not been allowed?

Drivingdownthe101 Sun 31-May-20 17:23:18

We are a household of 5 so if we had my dad and stepmum here it would be 7, from two households. Probably safer than 6 from 6 households?
But then I wouldn’t be calling for teenagers to be punished either.

Moondust001 Sun 31-May-20 17:31:37

we need to create a responsibility for neighbors to report those who have more than 6 in their garden or who are not social distancing

Or maybe we should all mind our own business. Jeez, how many more of these threads are we going to have? Maybe we should just rename this StasiNet and have done with it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »