Talk

Advanced search

My DH has become an anti-vaccer

(68 Posts)
Wilma546 Fri 29-May-20 20:36:49

Please help - does anyone have any good YouTube links or articles I can show him?

He was a reasonable person before lockdown, and now he's got so much time on his hands he's been researching all this shit and decided he is now "against" vaccinations.

I've tried to speak to him about it, but he won't listen to me.

OP’s posts: |
Wilma546 Fri 29-May-20 20:38:02

Sorry, meant anti vaxxer obviously.

OP’s posts: |
HumphreyCobblers Fri 29-May-20 20:39:01

If he saying you can’t have your child vaccinated? If this is just a theoretical argument I would leave him to it for a while.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 29-May-20 20:43:56

Paul Offit, Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All

IDontLikeZombies Fri 29-May-20 20:46:08

Good grief, does he also believe the world is flat, Australia doesn't exist and the Tooth Fairy takes away all the teeth?

Truthpact Fri 29-May-20 20:46:21

Are you meaning he's against mmr? Or any vaccination at all?

KitchenConfidential Fri 29-May-20 20:47:00

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo

june2007 Fri 29-May-20 20:47:01

Is he against all vacines or just certain ones, or perhaps more how it is given? (eg 5 in 1 )

RaspberryBubblegum Fri 29-May-20 20:48:36

youtu.be/zBkVCpbNnkU

OoohTheStatsDontLie Fri 29-May-20 20:52:59

This takes all the vaccine myths in turn and explains why they are wrong www.docbastard.net/2019/04/vaccine-mythbusting.html?m=1

StrictlyAFemaleFemale Fri 29-May-20 20:55:45

I heard a podcast about it. Will try and locate it and come back.

RangeOfMovement Fri 29-May-20 21:06:40

I am totally pro-vaccination. Family are all sceintists/medical professionals. DC have had every one going.

I am very, very wary of the rush-job pushing for the CV vaccine. I would need to be very strongly persuaded to have, or let DC have a rushed through CV vaccine. So I am not anti-vaccinations - but wary of anything that may come from this crisis.

Is it all vaccines he is worried about or just if a CV one is developed?

MarieQueenofScots Fri 29-May-20 21:08:24

Is it specifically the Coronavirus vaccine he is objecting to or the full vaccination programme?

zscaler Fri 29-May-20 21:11:18

Sources won’t help him OP - once he’s decided he believes the snake oil salesmen, he will find a way to dispute every source you put to him.

Do you have kids, and is he suggesting they shouldn’t be vaccinated? If so you have to make it clear to him that it is a red line issue for you and the kid’s health comes before everything - even your marriage if need be.

If you don’t have (and aren’t going to have) children, or his issues are all theoretical and he is happy for your kids to still get vaccinations, then let him get on with his embarrassing idiocy and just tell him you won’t discuss it with him (but also feel free to leave him if you can’t bear to be married to such a twat - I wouldn’t blame you)

Destroyedpeople Fri 29-May-20 21:13:31

I am with rangeofmovement. .I got all the vaccinations on offer for my children and think that in general anti vaxxers are stupid and or selfish.

At that time one 'friend' told me that she didn't want to take the risk for her precious offspring but that was ok because 'everyone else' was vaccinated. .....hmm

However I would probably refuse a covid vaccine for myself.

Teaandbiscuitsallday Fri 29-May-20 21:20:39

Been there. I took our children for jabs regardless. Not vacinating is abuse and you could threaten him with social services. Or just get them jabs. What's he gonna do? Fricking hate conspiracy theorists.

MissConductUS Fri 29-May-20 21:22:16

www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/caregivers/faqs.html

DivGirl Fri 29-May-20 21:23:14

My DC are fully vaccinated, including chicken pox as an additional.

I would have to be persuaded/forced to have or consent to DC having the rushed through CV vaccination. I just don't know that the benefits outweigh the risks for our particular situation.

DivGirl Fri 29-May-20 21:24:54

Also, declining vaccinations is not abuse, social services wouldn't be interested.

CatherineOfAragonsPomegranate Fri 29-May-20 21:38:03

He's a grown man capable and allowed divergent thought. And we don't live in a communist state. We also don't yet have the Chinese system of social credit imposed on us....yet (although people in the west are easily manipulated into arguing for the removal of their own rights instead of direct imposition)

So until then, let him make his own choices. I assume you will take your children to be vaccinated regardless?

fuckinghellthisshit Fri 29-May-20 21:41:08

He's a fucking idiot. Ignore him from now on, if he questions it tell him why.

Incrediblytired Fri 29-May-20 21:43:24

Anti vaxxing is tedious but they tend to be difficult to reason with. Has he ever had a bad reaction to a vaccine?

I don’t get it though. This is the world without one vaccine for a serious virus. Imagine living in a world with small pox, polio, measles etc... we are so privileged not to have had to live through that.

scheffsm Fri 29-May-20 21:44:26

Is he anti-vaccination in general? Or is it specifically to do with a possible Corona-vaccination?

I am pro-vaccination but I am very very wary of any kind of rushed-through Corona vaccination which hasn't been properly tested and I will certainly not be queuing up to be one of the first to get it.

DanFmDorking Fri 29-May-20 21:46:48

This makes rather dry reading but it's valid Appeal Court Sides with Vaccination in Parental Dispute.

KenDodd Fri 29-May-20 21:54:56

Well I hope he's enjoying his demo of a vaccine free world we've all got the misfortune to be living through now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »