Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you how to order gifts...

(12 Posts)
Silenceisnotgolden Fri 29-May-20 15:40:12

...for my dc’s teachers.
My dc (14) has had such a positive learning experience in lockdown. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve had tough days and moments of reluctance, but that’s absolutely no reflection on how hard the staff at her school have tried to facilitate her learning. The amount of work that’s been put in to try to maintain some continuity must be astronomical.
It’s a tradition for us to give an annual gift to dc’s teachers as a thanks for all they do - usually a box of chocolates - but we do stretch to wine/flowers/whatever is appropriate for the ones who are ‘favouritea ’ blush
AIBU to ask you how I can maintain this tradition of thanks to the staff at dc’s school? I just can’t figure out how to get gifts/cards to them. This is very important to my dc and we really want to show our appreciation for all they do after such a tough time.

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Fri 29-May-20 15:46:44

You could send an e-card to their emails using the funky pigeon app, and then a gift voucher to somewhere like this where you can order wine or another sort of alcohol online.

Silenceisnotgolden Fri 29-May-20 23:11:03

Thank you @sleepismysuperpower1 I never thought of e-giftcards. It just seemed such a shame to not show our thanks like we usually do.

GreyishDays Fri 29-May-20 23:13:13

I’d probably just post a card to the school.

SunnyCoco Fri 29-May-20 23:20:53

I don't get the issue? Just post card/present to the teacher at the school address?

Silenceisnotgolden Sat 30-May-20 19:52:16

@SunnyCoco not all teachers will be back before September

SunnyCoco Sat 30-May-20 20:43:07

Just send something non perishable then.

singtanana Sat 30-May-20 20:53:52

I agree, something non perishable to the school. A lovely card from your DC won’t go wrong.

Silenceisnotgolden Sat 30-May-20 22:06:30

We’d like them to receive it THIS academic year - not some time in the future. Not sure what’s difficult to understand?

Butterflyonmyshoulder Sat 30-May-20 23:18:38

I emailed the principal of my DC school to thank the specific members of staff (also sent gifts pre corona though) as I thought the positive emails could help with their appraisals etc.

SunnyCoco Sat 30-May-20 23:39:46

😂😂😂
Send them a gift voucher to their email address then.

Nottherealslimshady Sat 30-May-20 23:41:29

E gift cards are the only way i think. It would be weird to try and get their address to post a physical gift

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »