Talk

Advanced search

Relationship really suffering in lockdown

(5 Posts)
Jellybelly15 Fri 29-May-20 08:28:05

I would say before this me and my fiancé had a fairly good relationship. Not perfect but overall we get on well.

At the beginning of lockdown we had a few rows probably based on the sudden stress and uncertainty. Now we don't row, I think we're just totally sick of each other. I get irritated by him and little things he does. I don't like the way he bickers (albeit playfully) with my kids. During the day we both work but by 8pm he is dozing on the sofa. No conversation, no fun, no sex. Our sex life was irregular before but during lockdown when there's nothing else to do I thought it might have improved but no.

In the real world we would have probably gone for a meal and made the effort to talk but at home we are both guilty of being lazy and it's getting to me now. I know a lot of people have been struggling with relationships during lockdown. Now isn't the time for any big future decisions but when we first got together he was so charming and fun, went out of his way to please me and yet the man I'm stuck in lockdown with can't even seem to muster up a conversation.

OP’s posts: |
Nanny0gg Fri 29-May-20 08:36:38

Have you broached it with him?

Selfsettling3 Fri 29-May-20 08:37:57

What do you mean by bickering with the kids? This bit sounds very off.

Weebitawks Fri 29-May-20 08:45:36

It's a stupid thing but every so often during lock down, we have dinner with candles and at the table (no TV etc.) And it does help because we properly talk to eachother as opposed to existing along side eachother.. obviously if you have real relationship problems, it won't do anything but it works for us after a string of ratty days.

Jellybelly15 Fri 29-May-20 08:45:47

@Selfsettling3 perhaps bickering is the wrong word - just winding them up playfully thinking he's being matey with them.

I need to have a chat with him but he will just play it down. He's super sensitive to my feelings in some ways. For example last week my MH nosedived a bit and I was quite down and he was very caring asking what's up and stuff. But he doesn't actively do anything to make me feel better if that makes sense. I'm worried the spark has gone a bit...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »