This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
To have a rant, please!(3 Posts)
I need to let it out, I just do for my own mental health. I have had enough of the current situation - I am sure many more are the same - the 'lockdown' is a fucking joke. And here are my reasons why I need to have a rant thread
- I'm worried about my job
- worried if I will have a job
- worried about getting back into work if/when it comes to that
- hate furlough pay, makes me feel worthless
- feel like there is nothing to look forward to
- this year we were thinking of perhaps buying a new house
- no holidays to look forward to
- got chubbier in the lockdown even though I exercise 5 days a week... its the bloody booze and ice cream
- had enough of Zoom
- had enough of friends who shaming others for breaking the lockdown rules yet halfway through the zoom chat it turns out they broke it too!!!
- had enough if everyone knowing things better
- had enough of awkward queues in the supermarkets
- had enough of seeing people wearing face masks on their chins
- had enough of mum's meeting up with friends and their kids for the whole time of lockdown in the park pretending that kids would understand the 2 metre rule
- had enough of my mind going two ways: 1, feeling like, is there really such a big problem, wouldn't have this many people die of normal flue and 2, feeling upset and heartbroken for the people who died sooner they could have lived together and for their families...
- had enough of me moaning ...
So there I'm going to go on my morning run!
this is all shit, yes. yanbu to hate it. yanbu to rant about it. you will get through. thinks will get better.
You are right about all of that. But I can promise you, this will end and you will have some nicer things very soon.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Get started »
Please login first.