Talk

Advanced search

Step child still seeing people on lock down.

(3 Posts)
Cloudno987 Thu 28-May-20 16:27:06

I just want to know whether or not I'm being unfair or over reacting.
During lock down we gave had my step child stay over a lot as it's been fine for children to go inbetween parents houses. However, I have just found out his mother has been going to friends houses, having people round her house and not following lock down like I have.
I'm very annoyed as I had the option to stay at work or to take furlough but my partner said he wasn't happy about being put at risk so I chose furlough. I feel this is hypocrital as I have given up work yet we have his daughter round so much and she has been around people all the time. Now before anyone thinks I do not want her hear this is not the case, I'm just annoyed that I have had to give up work and my father is very ill so is in the vulnerable category and I can't see him and I would not want to put him at risk now, but i feel like my partners daughter being exposed to so many people is keeping me away from people I love for longer.
I have just had a massive argument with my partner about this and he says I'm overreacting. My blood is literally booking with anger at the moment as I like most people have given up so much. Am I overreacting because emotions are heightened during lock down or am I right to be angry?

OP’s posts: |
hellsbellsmelons Thu 28-May-20 16:31:17

When does your Furlough end?
I'd be annoyed as well OP.
But not sure what you can do about it now!?

LouiseTrees Thu 28-May-20 16:31:48

Tell him when your three weeks furlough is up you’ll be asking to go back to work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »