Talk

Advanced search

I think the Dominic Cummings situation is getting so over the top now and everyone needs to remember that he’s a human being..

(1000 Posts)
Strawberrypancakes Wed 27-May-20 23:04:52

There is such baiting for blood and quitting. It is what it is, he did what he did. You agree or disagree... but he’s a human being with family and it just feels so reminiscent of the Caroline Flack witch hunt. Why do we (not me and not a lot of us I admit, but many and lots of press) cling on to these stories and flog them to death until the subject capitulates or worse...

I’m probably going to get roasted into oblivion but surely there’s a point where you say just stop, he’s a human being and he’s fallible. And his family have feelings?

OP’s posts: |
BarbedBloom Wed 27-May-20 23:07:10

YABU. I don't agree at all. He needs to be fired.

RedHelenB Wed 27-May-20 23:07:20

Or he could just resign like a decent human being?

AranciaRosso Wed 27-May-20 23:07:32

Perhaps if he wasn’t such an atrocious human being things might have turned out differently for him. You reap what you sow.

BudgieHammockBananaSmuggler Wed 27-May-20 23:08:43

Human and fallible, but he doesn’t admit that or apologise for these failings. Fuck him

barbites Wed 27-May-20 23:08:56

Yanbu

FourTeaFallOut Wed 27-May-20 23:09:19

Human? The guy is a psychopath, he's only an approximation of human.

pumpkinbump Wed 27-May-20 23:09:23

He broke rules that he helped set out in order to protect the public from a virus in the middle of the worst pandemic for over 100 years. He needs to go.

Destroyedpeople Wed 27-May-20 23:09:26

He is not human he is a reptilian psychopath

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 27-May-20 23:09:38

Alright Boris? hmm

BearBearBearBear Wed 27-May-20 23:09:40

I agree OP, can't get worked up over it at all.

vdbfamily Wed 27-May-20 23:09:49

YANBU

CuriousPixie Wed 27-May-20 23:09:50

Because all of the shit things that happen in this world are caused by ..... human beings. And if we don’t stop asking the bad ones hard questions then we are all fucked. Don’t buy into this witch hunt crap. It’s not DC per se, it’s the dithering fannies in Government that show absolutely no leadership or integrity. We live in a democracy would you rather live in a dictatorship?

MorrisZapp Wed 27-May-20 23:09:55

I think he's big and strong enough to cope, I'm just beyond bored with it all.

Do we have to spend every waking moment obsessing about three people in a car heading north? I'm giving less of a shit as each day passes.

Zeusthemoose Wed 27-May-20 23:10:06

I agree with you Op.
It's not about what he did it's what he stands for so people are using it as an excuse to stick the boot in. He didn't do anything wrong and if anyone twists the story to say he did is deluded.

RevIMJolly Wed 27-May-20 23:10:09

If he resigns people will stop talking about him.

AmaryllisNightAndDay Wed 27-May-20 23:10:12

I will get over it when he and Boris do the decent thing - when he offers his resignation and Boris accepts. Then he can retreat into ordinary life as a human being like anyone else.

Strawberrypancakes Wed 27-May-20 23:11:03

I get all that.. but he obviously isn’t resigning. So should we as a country keep baying for his blood? He totally did wrong, he should have apologised straight away, but he didn’t. They’re not doing down that road, they’ve made it clear.

OP’s posts: |
SandyY2K Wed 27-May-20 23:11:08

Perhaps if he apologised and accepted he flouted the rules, ppl would be more forgiving.

MaxNormal Wed 27-May-20 23:11:11

This would all go away if they did the right thing and sacked him.

NewAccountForCorona Wed 27-May-20 23:11:17

This is nothing like a witch hunt, and Caroline Flack shouldn't be used as a gotcha hmm

People aren't just disgusted by what he did but by what he continues to do. He could stop the entire thing by telling the truth.

SarahAndQuack Wed 27-May-20 23:11:44

I agree.

There is a reason why, usually, people in this sort of situation are fired/asked to resign. It's actually more dignified. IMO part of being in a responsible job is that you accept that, if you have messed up, you may have to take the fall for it. Johnson should have announced that Cummings had offered his resignation, early on, and then he could have said (if he were minded to) that he thought Cummings had an excuse for what he did, or that Cummings was a lovely chap, or whatever.

Sandsnake Wed 27-May-20 23:12:03

It would be over for him now if he resigned. The power is his. If the public / media are expected to drop something just to ‘be kind’ then that is a very bad thing for accountability.

Zeusthemoose Wed 27-May-20 23:12:24

Never takes long for some clever arse to comes out with the 'is that you Boris?' on any thread that disagrees with the witch hunt. So unoriginal.

MaxNormal Wed 27-May-20 23:12:54

I get all that.. but he obviously isn’t resigning. So should we as a country keep baying for his blood?

Frankly we should be baying for Johnson's blood. They don't just get to stick two fingers up at us. Will I help roll over at their say-so.

This thread is not accepting new messages.