Talk

Advanced search

To be mildly gutted about primark?!

(220 Posts)
NothingIsGoing2GetBetterItsNot Wed 27-May-20 19:38:18

As in that apparently it won't be amongst the 'non essential' shops opening June 15th....

I know they're doing what they think is the right thing (& at this stage in the proceedings non of us know for sure what's best) but I for one am seeing them as pretty darn Essential right now, especially as all my pre lockdown clothes seem to have inexplicably and simultaneously shrunk! hmm

So many places online seem to have sold out of decent but reasonably priced cotton shorts in my size (newly acquired 12 - apparently - so fairly average) and till today I'd kind of been pinning my hopes on a brief stock up at my local in a week or two but alas it seems its not too be... sad

Anyone else a bit peeved it's going to have to be either immediate diet or the drastic measure of the shoe horn (resulting in horrific double - ended muffin top, no doubt)?! And also recommend anywhere online I can get some cotton, preferably cotton linen blend, elasticated waist shorts??
I can't be only Lockdown Lardy out there? grin

OP’s posts: |
NothingIsGoing2GetBetterItsNot Wed 27-May-20 19:39:44

I voted myself to start the ball rolling grin (is that allowed? 🤔)

OP’s posts: |
Zoecarter Wed 27-May-20 19:40:09

Check out your local super market or h and m I am sure they have sweatshop clothes you can get

bigchris Wed 27-May-20 19:40:20

Have you got a link to what shops are opening or where you heard that ?

FelicityBeedle Wed 27-May-20 19:40:42

I assumed they would be opening, I desperately need summer clothes and was hoping on a big sale. It’s probably the responsible thing for them to do but I’m still disappointed d

bigchris Wed 27-May-20 19:41:03

Youcan buy clothes in bigger supermarkets and Poundland too

nothingcanhurtmewithmyeyesshut Wed 27-May-20 19:44:57

Sainsburys or ASDA are usually a good bet.

Laaalaaaa Wed 27-May-20 19:44:58

There is no way they shop can safely reopen - it’ll be like the next sale on heat. Zero concept of social distancing once the doors open - it’ll be a stampede.

potentiallyoutting Wed 27-May-20 19:46:32

I’d avoid for at least a month - think how busy it gets at Christmas with everyone shoulder to shoulder or picking things up just to put them back. I hate queuing in primary let alone the queues after this.

WisestIsShe Wed 27-May-20 19:47:04

I am having the same difficulties with my clothes, so you have my sympathy! No help on where to shop but thanks for making me smile.

Toilenstripes Wed 27-May-20 19:47:55

Primark is awful tat, cheaply made. Buy yourself a few good bits from the sales of the better shops. The clothes will last longer and look better.

LtJudyHopps Wed 27-May-20 19:47:57

I didn’t read that I read that they will open when they can safely do so. All retailers will do phased openings unless they’ve been prepared and printed all distancing POS so not that many in reality will open June 15th. Greggs have already said they won’t announce which restaurants are opening so they don’t get bombarded!

ClassicCola Wed 27-May-20 19:48:55

I think Primark will open fairly soon.

Mnthrowaway20202 Wed 27-May-20 19:49:07

I think all retailers should stagger their openings, it would be chaos if all stores opened on the 15th. Primark is doing what is in the best interests of their staff’s safety.

Primark sells cheap shit, let’s be honest. Hardly quality, you’re just after the low price. You have so many budget retailers to chose from online - plt, misguided etc.

MorrisZapp Wed 27-May-20 19:49:47

A stampede? That's ridiculous, sorry. No shops are allowed to open without social distancing measures.

ClassicCola Wed 27-May-20 19:51:06

Toilenstripes

Primark is awful tat, cheaply made. Buy yourself a few good bits from the sales of the better shops. The clothes will last longer and look better.

Not everyone can afford 'better shops' and don't fool yourself that thier clothes are not cheaply made either.

runrabbitrunrunrun Wed 27-May-20 19:53:22

Google ‘Rana Plaza’

BusyProcrastinator Wed 27-May-20 19:53:59

Yabu because Primark is Exploitative of people and planet. Buy Better second hand.

Mehmehmeh19 Wed 27-May-20 19:54:11

I've ordered this to fill my primarni shaped hole

https://loststock.com/products/small-box

Feel like I'm doing a bit of good as well!

heartsonacake Wed 27-May-20 19:54:23

I love Primark.

But what is it with people wanting shops/restaurants/cafes/takeaways to reopen and put the staff at risk so they can get their fix?

Lovemusic33 Wed 27-May-20 19:56:40

TU have some nice things and they often have things on offer, I have also bought a few bits from George/Asda.

I’m not too bothered about primark, the quality isn’t great, I know it’s cheap but there are other shops.

Lolololololol Wed 27-May-20 19:57:08

I'm gutted too! If my holiday does some how go ahead in July, I am in desperate need of new clothes for this!

Eckhart Wed 27-May-20 19:57:58

@ClassicCola

I think you can tell the difference in that Primark often have one sleeve/trouser leg longer than the other! Other cheap shops might not be perfect, but Primark takes the cake.

Twolittlebears Wed 27-May-20 19:58:51

Avoid H&M. I bought something from then over a month ago and it's still yet to arrive

Eckhart Wed 27-May-20 19:59:24

What about M&M Direct? They sell cheap clothes online.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »