Advanced search

Does this look like cancer? Picture attached!

(15 Posts)
starsarefire88 Wed 27-May-20 19:20:38

NC'd just incase. Posted in AIBU for traffic.

I have had the larger one for a number of years, went to my GP about it who said it's a cyst and to leave it be. Since had these two marks come up in the last year. Are they cysts also? Or should I be worried?

Mid twenties with a young baby so worried incase it's anything sinister.

OP’s posts: |
Selfsettling3 Wed 27-May-20 19:22:26

If you are worried then you need to talk to your GP

starsarefire88 Wed 27-May-20 19:25:07

Just wanted to get opinions before I make an appointment.

OP’s posts: |
Bloops Wed 27-May-20 19:49:07

You need to get it checked. Simply because these things don't always have the obvious characteristics to look out for. I currently have a freckle that's changed on my face and am waiting for it to be looked at, so I totally understand your worry. Just make an appointment for your own peace of mind.

Mnthrowaway20202 Wed 27-May-20 19:50:16

What’s the point of getting opinions online if you’re worried about cancer? You can’t be sure whether any poster has medical qualifications.

Lockheart Wed 27-May-20 19:50:46

OP you really should see a doctor if you're concerned. Please don't take medical advice from strangers on the internet; you have zero idea of their expertise or intent.

MummytoCSJH Wed 27-May-20 19:52:04

How can anyone here tell you that? You can have cysts that are and are not cancerous. Get it checked out for your peace of mind if nothing else.

manitobajane Wed 27-May-20 19:52:24

It might be but then again it might not. My view is about as valid as the answer I'd get if I was going up to a stranger in the street and asking them to explain how the hadron collider works unless their reply was 'fuck knows'

icansmellburningleaves Wed 27-May-20 19:53:09

Why are you asking random people on here. Go back to the gp and ask to see another doctor for a second opinion. Ask to be referred to dermatology.

Hawkin Wed 27-May-20 19:54:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Halloweenbabyy Wed 27-May-20 19:56:18

The photographs are unclear. You need to see a GP.

Coughsyrupsucks Wed 27-May-20 19:59:05

Have you got any photos of of it before? If you have take them with you to the GP and ask for a dermatologist referral. My husband had a mole that changed (thankfully ok) but was dismissed until I whipped out my phone and he then got a 2 week referral as it had so obviously changed. If you haven’t, ask for a derm referral anyway, age should no way be a factor.

lydia7986 Thu 28-May-20 01:48:33

You can’t just make a GP appointment at the moment, obviously, but if you ring your surgery you’ll be offered a phone appointment.

During the phone appointment, the GP will almost certainly ask you to send them photos, and they’ll decide on the basis of those whether they need to see you.

It’s also not as simple as ‘asking for a derm referral’, as GPs currently are unable to refer for anything other than suspected cancer.

So if your GP can tell it’s not cancer, they can’t refer you to dermatology.

caringcarer Thu 28-May-20 03:50:15

No one on here can tell you. You need to ring GP and arrange appointment.

Aclh13 Thu 28-May-20 04:15:11

Hello, I'm trained first aid and currently on a medical course at uni, I'm obviously not specialist trained at the moment, however anything abnormal on the body that is causing doubt my saying has always been 'better safe than sorry' seek specialist opinion to relieve the doubts in your mind or at the worst situation - find you a treatment in time, good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »