Talk

Advanced search

ttc / spotting. Help please!

(7 Posts)
Try0 Wed 27-May-20 18:51:59

Came off pill in November with intention to start ttc and since then my periods have been incredibly light. So far I’ve completed 3 months of LH testing - first month found my surge, second month didn’t and third month I thought I may have missed it but kept testing and there was a surge around CD25. If my normal cycle had continued I would’ve expected period to start 2-4 days later. What actually has happened is 2 days later I started very light spotting which has so far lasted 8 days. Any ideas what’s going on?

OP’s posts: |
StepAwayFromGoogle Wed 27-May-20 18:56:18

Could be implantation bleeding, OP, you could do a test now, surely?

Stressingismyhobby Wed 27-May-20 19:24:34

I agree, could be implantation bleed - I had that.

Try0 Wed 27-May-20 21:32:30

Did take a test yesterday (although did it in evening) which was negative. Will do another one tomorrow AM. Did consider implantation bleeding but became doubtful as it’s gone on for 8 days and considering late LH surge wasn’t sure if enough time had gone by. Have just become concerned as periods have been light since coming off the pill and as this cycle has just been spotting if it’s not implantation bleeding then could something be amiss?

StepAwayFromGoogle Thu 28-May-20 07:24:01

Let us know how you get on with the test this morning, OP. Not sure what the bleeding might be otherwise. Have you been particularly stressed? That always sends my periods haywire.

summerfruitssquash Thu 28-May-20 07:49:52

Is the spotting different to your normal light period?

Try0 Thu 28-May-20 11:43:24

BFN with the test. Was what I was expecting but still had that pang of disappointment. Day 9 and still spotting.

Date wise the spotting started when I would’ve expected it to have done. The late LH surge threw me (though I’ve also read you can get surge just before period due??) Previous months Ive had a few days spotting then what I could class as light period for couple of days and then then back to spotting - whole process lasting about 6ish days. This time is just spotting - started very light in colour, now dark - had two occasions where blood seemed more standard period red. But only noticeable when wiping (and not every time) nothing showing on pantyliner.

Wouldn’t say I’m feeling particularly stressed at the moment. I’m eating better and getting exercise at the moment - been more focussed (but not ott) this month in terms of trying to take better care of myself to maximise possibility of BFP.

Now worrying light periods / this months spotting could mean PCOS or something along those line although can’t say I’ve ever had any other symptoms.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »