Talk

Advanced search

To call or not to call?

(3 Posts)
NC2031 Wed 27-May-20 14:00:04

My OH is still working, ive been on furlough for 5 weeks now.

He phones me every dinner for maybe 20 mins/half hour just to check in, see how eachothers days are going.

Phones me today and trying to have a conversation with him was like trying to get blood out of a stone. One word answers. So I end up saying, why did you phone me if you didnt feel like a chat. His reply.. because I do it everyday.

So I said, in future if you don't feel like talking just bloody text me instead! Not in an arsey way. Anyway, now I'm feeling like a bit of a twat haha

I mean seriously, if you've not got a lot to say why would you phone someone? Lol maybe its just me but I would have been happy with a text rather than a draining phonecall.

OP’s posts: |
Azaziel Wed 27-May-20 14:02:41

I think that’s nice really. There’s not really much to talk about right now, is there? But he’s still making the effort to phone you every day to make sure you’re ok. It happens to me and my oh all the time. He’ll phone and ask if me and the kids are ok, then it’ll just go silent. I’ll literally say ‘we’ve got nothing to talk about so I’ll phone you later’.

NC2031 Wed 27-May-20 14:07:20

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy that he thinks enough of me to phone me thats why I felt a bit horrible after but I would have preferred a text rather than a silent phonecall lol

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »