Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your help with a lockdown anniversary

(10 Posts)
Buggritbuggrit Wed 27-May-20 12:42:48

Hello! Longtime lurker, but I’ve never posted before, so hopefully won’t get this wrong. I’ve cross posted with Chat, as this gets so much more traffic.

It’s my DP and I’s first anniversary on Saturday. I forgot and he appears to have got me something/done something as he is currently swanning about looking very pleased with himself.

I have absolutely no idea what to get him. None. We’re generally give each other holidays/experiences as presents but obviously can’t do that now. Also, he’s ridiculously generous (for my birthday in Feb, I got dinner at a five star restaurant, a spa session at Browns and a trip to Copenhagen), so he’ll have pulled together something lovely for Saturday.

I am beyond useless at things like this. I would be deeply grateful for any ideas for gifts or suggestions for (lockdown compliant) things I might do. Please help me!

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Wed 27-May-20 13:09:25

A nice expensive watch (with the hope it arrives in time). Local bakeries in our area and doing deliveries to the house of like doughnuts/brownies/cakes. Moonpig are doing alcohol and food gifts with their cards. Whatever you do I would suggest getting onto it quick!

Buggritbuggrit Wed 27-May-20 13:58:55

You are an anniversary angel. The watch especially is a fantastic suggestion! Thank you!

jacqelinedaniels Wed 27-May-20 14:37:17

Wow! We are so the opposite of this. It’s our anniversary on Sunday and we’ve ordered a box of chocs each with our food shopping and we’re cooking a specially nice dinner. Under normal circumstances we’d have gone out for dinner or to a hotel for the weekend, though. Your hubby sounds lovely, hope you both have a nice day x

Buggritbuggrit Wed 27-May-20 16:55:54

That’s so kind @jacqelinedaniels! I hope you have an absolutely lovely time on Sunday, as well!

Lockheart Wed 27-May-20 16:57:51

Could you buy vouchers for a fancy restaurant? They're instant (print them yourself), and you can't use them right now but it's clearly something he's enjoyed in the past?

TolstoyAteMyHamster Wed 27-May-20 18:50:42

Online magic show from a professional magician? We did this via Zoom and it was brilliant - really good tricks and lots of fun.

Buggritbuggrit Thu 28-May-20 00:27:43

I have been successful in my panicked contributions to consumerist society. A watch has been ordered and will hopefully arrive tomorrow. And I found a place that does personalised celebratory biscuits.

Neither of us likes vouchers very much (but thanks very much for the suggestion).

I absolutely LOVE the idea of a magic show via Zoom, so will get researching on that. Thanks so much, ladies. You’ve been tremendously helpful.

LellyMcKelly Thu 28-May-20 00:31:28

See if your favourite restaurant is doing takeaway and have your perfect meal delivered.

LellyMcKelly Thu 28-May-20 00:33:20

Or you could prepare a picnic with all your favourite foods and head off to a local beauty spot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »