Talk

Advanced search

Bloody Admiral car insurance! What do I do?!

(15 Posts)
HowFurloughCanYouGo Wed 27-May-20 11:27:40

I've been calling and online talking to Admiral car insurance trying to get them to update my years of no claims because I've got a new policy starting with someone else who needs the proof.

Admiral can see I have 3 years. I've got NO proof!

Most uptodate document is from November last year.

They say they can see it their end. Helpful 🤨

I've emailed, called and online chatted and STILL they haven't sent me the proof.

What do I do?!

OP’s posts: |
AuntieDolly Wed 27-May-20 11:28:55

Have you got an online account with them? You can print off your own documents.

HowFurloughCanYouGo Wed 27-May-20 11:31:08

I would love it.

But they aren't up to date.

That's the problem.

penguinsbegin Wed 27-May-20 11:37:14

I haven't had a physical copy of my no claims certificate for at least 5 years. It's all electronic. It should be up to your new insurer to source it from previous insurers. Is the 3 years not up to date? How many years to you actually have?

I'm sure this is silly but is Admiral definitely your most recent insurer, not the one before? I say that because I quite often forget who I'm with. I change every year and only contact I ever have is a few emails when I first sign up so easy to forget.

HowFurloughCanYouGo Wed 27-May-20 11:39:54

I'm not sure how else to say it.

I have no up to date proof of my no claims.
Be it physical or electronic (I don't need a physical one).

My new insurance company want proof of my no claims.

Admiral have an old document from 2019 saying 2 years, they said they can see its 3 years and I should be able to see that too.

But I cant.

imsooverthisdrama Wed 27-May-20 11:48:39

How odd , I used to be with admiral just changed recently and it was all online .
I'm sorry I honestly don't understand how admiral can see it's 3 years but you can't .
The no claims is always on the renewal document is it not ?

SciFiScream Wed 27-May-20 13:08:17

Are you looking online? If yes try a different browser.

So if using edge try chrome

Or if using Internet Explorer try chrome.

Or try Firefox.

malmi Wed 27-May-20 13:17:32

Once your existing policy has been cancelled you should get a 'goodbye' email which serves as your no claims proof. You then send this to the new insurer.

nevermorelenore Wed 27-May-20 13:22:34

I've never had to provide proof of no claims either. When I went to a new insurer, the details of a small claim I'd made years ago was on some sort of database. If they can look that up, surely they can see if you have no claims?

AStarSoBright Wed 27-May-20 13:23:48

Have you had a renewal notice from Admiral?

trappedsincesundaymorn Wed 27-May-20 13:51:13

Admiral have an old document from 2019 saying 2 years, they said they can see its 3 years and I should be able to see that too

Can they not send you an e-mail with the old document and a covering note saying that it's 3 years? Then you could forward it to your new insurers.

HowFurloughCanYouGo Wed 27-May-20 15:03:25

I've finally got it.

But now I have a separate issue. It's only 3 years and I haven't made a claim since December 2015.

So that's 4 years isn't it?!

So now I'm chasing them up as to why they didn't accept my previous no claims, so they can update their no claims so I can send my 4 years no claims to my next providers.

Fucking ridiculous.

Does this sound normal?!

AStarSoBright Wed 27-May-20 18:06:38

Your number of years no claims depends on the dates your insurance runs. A claim in December 15 could have been in the insurance period November 15-November 16, so claim free years 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19 as not at the end of 19/20 yet - does that make sense?

HowFurloughCanYouGo Wed 27-May-20 19:58:04

Yes that does make sense.

I think. So perhaps it's all sorted?!

AStarSoBright Wed 27-May-20 20:07:05

It sounds like it. However, if your renewal is now then you are at the end of 19/20 so it totally depends on your renewal date.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »