Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to recommend your double pushchair...?

(45 Posts)
babbaganoush Wed 27-May-20 08:27:54

Posting here for traffic. I’m pregnant with my second baby, due in September. My toddler will be 26 months when this one arrives. I think I’m very likely to need a double pushchair as my little boy is a bugger for running off so I’m not convinced I can trust him to stay on a buggy board. The only requirements really are that it is easy to manoeuvre (there are 13 steps up to my house) and with a decent sized shopping basket. What would you recommend and why? Or do you think I could get away with a single pram and either sling or buggy board combo depending on the situation? Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
toomuchpeppapig Wed 27-May-20 08:38:21

Out n About double nipper

toomuchpeppapig Wed 27-May-20 08:39:24

Sorry, posted too soon!! It's really light to push and steer and has plenty of room for up to age 4 or 5. The only thing you need to make sure is that your doors are wide enough to fit it through!

crispysausagerolls Wed 27-May-20 08:40:45

Bugaboo donkey.

I hate the ones which stack one poor baby on the bottom, close to the road fumes and without being able to see!

I also think they are v important because, If your toddler is like mine, important to be able to strap them in so they can’t just run off in a shop or anywhere else whilst out and about!

crispysausagerolls Wed 27-May-20 08:41:11

Ah - i see your toddler IS like mine 😂

Coffeeisnecessary Wed 27-May-20 09:13:13

City jogger, best pushchair ever. So easy to push and recline. Can use from newborn as it goes flat or you can get the newborn bassinet. Easy to fold one handed. Mine are well past buggy stage now and I miss the pushchair!!

Coffeeisnecessary Wed 27-May-20 09:14:20

I meant the side by side one, baby jogger City mini double!

babbaganoush Wed 27-May-20 13:34:29

Thanks all. Will look at these. Any more recommendations?

OP’s posts: |
30not13 Wed 27-May-20 13:35:31

Phil & Teds

Ninjasan Wed 27-May-20 13:40:38

Baby jogger city. It's the best. Quite narrow. Really easy to fold. Great.

CaptainSpirit Wed 27-May-20 13:47:41

Honestly I love my Joie Aire Twin. It's cheap and cheerful, fits through doorways and it's surprisingly light to push. Nice big basket too.

I have a nearly three year old and a nearly five month old and they love sitting next to each other, we've been using it since my younger daughter was a newborn (with a cushioned insert of course!)

Funsize123 Wed 27-May-20 14:04:57

Mountain buggy duet. Narrowest double we could find as our DC are 1 year apart and I wanted to fit in doorways etc x

Temple29 Wed 27-May-20 14:09:26

I’m due my second baby in September too when DS will be 17 months. Think I’m going to go with the baby jogger city mini double because you can attach a car seat to one side and put toddler in the other seat at the same time. Thinking it could be handy for trips to the supermarket etc when baby is asleep.
Also planning on using a sling where possible if baby takes to it, especially for walks.

MrsPerfect12 Wed 27-May-20 14:11:27

I had the emmaljunga Viking and liked it. It's similar to a bugaboo donkey.

QueenOfCatan Wed 27-May-20 14:11:38

Out n About double nipper here too, loved it! I used it for work (childminder) and got it new from the outlet on the nipper site for a huge discount. Totally recommend it.

Soubriquet Wed 27-May-20 14:12:22

Out n about for sure

Such a fab buggy

MotherForkinShirtBalls Wed 27-May-20 14:14:53

Baby jogger city mini double. You can get a carry cot adaptor for the newborn too which I loved about it.

PinkBlossom4 Wed 27-May-20 14:23:09

Phil and Teds Sport . I had a side by side double for a while (baby jogger city double) and to be honest it was a pain in the arse . Trying to go along narrow paths , shops etc with a side by side double is so much harder work than pushing a tandum (In my opinion) . You can get a newborn pod thing for the second seat of the Phil and Teds. My children are now 4 and 2 and it still has plenty of room. The wheels are particularly good as large enough to bounce up curbs and go on rougher terrain.

Sugarhouse Wed 27-May-20 14:23:41

I love my out n about nipper double so easy to push

doughnutmuffin Wed 27-May-20 14:24:08

I'm due in September and there will be an 18 month gap. I was going to go with the mountain buggy duet but now I'm tempted by the city jogger, placemarking for recommendations

NuffingChora Wed 27-May-20 15:35:49

Second the mountain buggy duet. Narrower than the city mini, great seat height so lasts amongst the longest (we found that it wasn’t all about the weight limit - need to check whether child fits under the hood too!! Donkey for example had a REALLY small seat unit by comparison). Steers incredibly easily, and if you slime the tyres then shouldn’t suffer from punctures. Love ours.

user1471592953 Wed 27-May-20 15:42:13

Phil and Ted Sport was very good for us but we didn’t need to bring it up any stairs.

Whichoneofyoudidthat Wed 27-May-20 15:43:33

The cheapest, lightest one you can find. And make sure it fits through doors.

Whichoneofyoudidthat Wed 27-May-20 15:44:36

Tried a tandem. Hated it.

BillyAndTheSillies Wed 27-May-20 15:46:19

Mountain Buggy Duet. I use it as a double when my four year old is flagging and as a single when it's just myself and DS2. Very narrow and easy to manoeuvre.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »