Talk

Advanced search

More bashing of mumsnet

(596 Posts)
Ikeasucks Tue 26-May-20 10:31:53

Why are orgs and businesses just capitulating to this bullying? mobile.twitter.com/MForstater/status/1265201870437519360

OP’s posts: |
zscaler Tue 26-May-20 10:34:35

It’s not bashing mumsnet to point out that the site has a serious transphobia problem. If this site isn’t willing to address that, it (and it’s users) have to accept that there are a lot of advertisers, organisations and individuals who won’t want to associate with it.

Nightbirdcackle Tue 26-May-20 10:34:41

It's just so fucking pathetic and craven. Another organisation just taking the word of a few activists without checking the facts. Again, organisations and sites which look after women's interests are being attacked.

Iwalkinmyclothing Tue 26-May-20 10:44:31

Bullying, eh hmm

Hingeandbracket Tue 26-May-20 10:48:07

the site has a serious transphobia problem.
No it doesn't.

popehilarious Tue 26-May-20 10:53:09

Let's just skip to the inevitable bit where you're asked to provide an example of transphobic and you don't and just say "it's everywhere" or "I tried to post on FWR and they were rude because I didn't appear to be posting in good faith" then the usual suspects will turn up and derail talking about toilets and how all men are a threat, are they?

Then get back to the op.

Pertella Tue 26-May-20 10:54:20

This site has a serious problem with MRAs who cant stand the thought of women standing up for their rights and saying no to them. There are MRAs who deliberately post dodgy stuff for the screenshots to 'prove' MN is transphobic.

MN are very quick to delete anything that is reported.

Destroyedpeople Tue 26-May-20 10:57:14

I don't seesee any transphobia here. I see intelligent women discussing and questioning and sharing their experiences. If I put something truly anti trans even if I was just quoting from..say...a published work by a well known Australian feminist..then I would be banned.
People just shout 'transphobia! 'Instead of 'shut up women'

Institutkarite Tue 26-May-20 10:57:45

@zscaler
It’s not bashing mumsnet to point out that the site has a serious transphobia problem.
This is a quite serious accusation, please link to any transphobic posts or threads.

popehilarious Tue 26-May-20 10:59:47

Just to clarify if you're reading about this for the first time, it's statements like "women are female" that get called disgusting transphobia.

Ikeasucks Tue 26-May-20 11:00:35

Zscaler

That depends on your definition of transphobia. Are women allowed to say they want female only sports and spaces? Are they allowed to talk about the influence Stonewall and other LGBT charities have on their children’s schools - their influence on services like the police, NHS and on businesses? Is it transphobic to think women are female?

OP’s posts: |
Destroyedpeople Tue 26-May-20 11:02:12

@zscaler yes link us to this 'transphobia' you speak of

MrBennsshop Tue 26-May-20 11:07:11

It’s not bashing mumsnet to point out that the site has a serious transphobia problem

It's so lazy to trot this out. Where's the evidence?

BringbackLang Tue 26-May-20 11:08:29

If you think Women discussing our rights as we are entitled to is transphobic then I don't know what you'd think about Kiwi Farms. Probably boys being boys heh?

EstherEliza Tue 26-May-20 11:17:32

It’s not bashing mumsnet to point out that the site has a serious transphobia problem

The problem mumsnet has is men who have a serious problem with women saying no. This is not transphobia. It's (some) men stamping their feet because they won't be getting what they want.

MindyStClaire Tue 26-May-20 11:18:25

It’s not bashing mumsnet to point out that the site has a serious transphobia problem. If this site isn’t willing to address that, it (and it’s users) have to accept that there are a lot of advertisers, organisations and individuals who won’t want to associate with it.

zscaler that's the second thread in a row I've read where you've been right on the money.

BringbackLang Tue 26-May-20 11:19:11

@MindyStClaire evidence?

BringbackLang Tue 26-May-20 11:20:52

If you make claims of transphobia then you really need to back it up. Otherwise it won't wash.

Pertella Tue 26-May-20 11:20:59

If MN is so transphobic then why are you supporting it by posting here?

feelingfragile Tue 26-May-20 11:21:41

* This is a quite serious accusation, please link to any transphobic posts or threads.*

You didn't read the post where we're skipping that bit.

SonjaMorgan Tue 26-May-20 11:22:41

Mumsnet is the only place I have found online that women are allowed to have a serious debate about the issues posed by trans-rights. On most platforms anyone speaking about the negatives are shut down, you are called transphobic and that is the end of the conversation. It seems that most companies are fearful of the transphobic label and quite rightly so. Lots of these trans campaigners are bullies.

feelingfragile Tue 26-May-20 11:22:45

Apologies, we were skipping 'to' that bit, not skipping it.

Institutkarite Tue 26-May-20 11:23:49

@MindyStClaire
zscaler that's the second thread in a row I've read where you've been right on the money
Not unless zscaler can provide clear evidence for such a serious accusation

MindyStClaire Tue 26-May-20 11:24:29

*evidence?

Honestly, I can't be arsed. For one thing, I imagine there are many things I view as transphobic and you don't.

If MN is so transphobic then why are you supporting it by posting here?

Because away from the so-called feminist sections (ha!), MN is an enjoyable read. And because I should be writing a report for work that I can't summon up the interest to work on.

BringbackLang Tue 26-May-20 11:25:19

So you cannot provide evidence to back you up then?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »