Talk

Advanced search

Dominic Cummings

(105 Posts)
Toooldforthisshit49 Mon 25-May-20 20:04:10

Anyone watch the car crash interview today?. What an absolute load of bollocks, no apology lots of inning and ahhing. Cummings is an odious little man too full of his own self importance. Must have a lot of dirt on the government I think as anyone else would have been sacked. Had to go to Durham incase they both got sick, his wife was unwell - can't he look after a 4 year old? He had to drive to a beauty spot half an hour away from Durham to see if he was ok to drive?? Doesn't his wife drive? Lost all respect for the government, not that I had much to start with.

Ratasha Mon 25-May-20 20:05:17

About time someone started a thread on this.

EstherEliza Mon 25-May-20 20:05:23

biscuit

TriangularRatbag Mon 25-May-20 20:06:39

I thought he made a reasonable job of defending himself. I don't think he'll need going any time soon.

Highonpotandused Mon 25-May-20 20:08:45

YANBU OP. It’s one rule for them and one rule for us.

I no longer give a shit about lockdown and will do whatever the fuck I want.

The hypocrisy of BJ telling us he needs us to stay home today when he can’t even get his minion to stay home. Twat.

TheHighestSardine Mon 25-May-20 20:09:00

About time someone started a thread on this.

Lols.

OP, there are about six other threads with literally thousands of messages on, live commenting on the shambolic display earlier.

Highonpotandused Mon 25-May-20 20:09:32

Thread police strike again

EstherEliza Mon 25-May-20 20:13:32

I no longer give a shit about lockdown and will do whatever the fuck I want

Why would you want to risk your health/life by doing that? Sounds a bit nuts.

Highonpotandused Mon 25-May-20 20:15:12

Well If our govt isn’t worried why should I worry.

BMW6 Mon 25-May-20 20:16:11

I thought his explanation was perfectly reasonable APART from judging whether his eyesight was good enough to drive by going for a 30 mile drive! hmm

EstherEliza Mon 25-May-20 20:18:19

So because someone in the government does something you think breaks the rules, as a retaliation, you'll risk your own health. Righty ho. Makes perfect sense.

Sounds like you'd make a great contender for the Darwin awards.

Highonpotandused Mon 25-May-20 20:19:27

Well if the person telling us to stay home isn’t, then why should I?

I’ve already had symptoms and survived.

AnxiousAnnie13 Mon 25-May-20 20:19:50

I thought he made a reasonable job of defending himself.

He didn't. The drive to check his eyesight thing was utter bollocks.
Firstly, if you think you can't see well enough to drive, you don't drive to check this.
Secondly, doesn't his wife drive? Couldn't she have driven them back to London.
Thirdly, even if his wife doesn't drive and driving to check your eyesight was an acceptable thing to do in normal times (it isn't), this was early April, when you could only leave your house for a few set reasons. Checking your eyesight was not one of them.

ZaraW Mon 25-May-20 20:21:20

His explanation was far from reasonable. If he felt his house was a target did he report his concerns to the police? He needs to go but unfortunately he won't.

Bathroom12345 Mon 25-May-20 20:25:08

I think he did ok too. I really don’t understand why someone would then state they could do what they want..what exactly are they planning to do? See elderly parents, have friends round for a bbq, ask vulnerable people to look after kids, don’t stay 2 metres apart. Lots of hugs and kisses.

What exactly are they thinking of doing??

EstherEliza Mon 25-May-20 20:25:55

Ahh, so you want to go out because you've already had it. You wouldn't really risk your own life at all then would you. Fill your boots then. I don't care.

RainMustFall Mon 25-May-20 20:27:14

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Highonpotandused Mon 25-May-20 20:27:57

Well I don’t know if I’ve had it as I’ve not been tested. But I no longer give a fuck. Can’t be that serious is govt aren’t following the rules.

Flowersinthewild Mon 25-May-20 20:28:10

Oh ffs not another one...hmm

treenu Mon 25-May-20 20:30:46

It was completely contrived. They had tried to come up with all sorts of odd reasons for things.

He was caught off guard when asked if he'd investigated closer childcare/help before setting off.

I do hope that they will still call for an enquiry. Don't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I don't think Boris has an original thought in his head. He needs DC to tell him what to do.

I despair of our country.

bigbluebus Mon 25-May-20 20:34:09

I was also concerned that in the throws of being ill with possible corona virus, he drove to the hospital to collect his son and wife. I presume his eyesight was a problem then too- added to the fact he couldn't even get out of bed the night before - he clearly should not have been driving then either. And I don't believe there were no taxis. I live in a rural area and taxis are still operating around here. He is so concerned about "safeguarding " his 4 year old that he twice puts him in the car and drives him around when he is unfit to drive!

And a man who advises our PM can't remember if he stopped to fill up with petrol on a trip back from Durham to London - a journey he has apparently only made once in recent times!

madroid Mon 25-May-20 20:35:14

It's still really important not to travel across the country to Durham of you have symptoms that could be covid-19.

Even if you are young, fit and healthy and your risk is low, you may give it to someone who could die. Be very careful.

We will never forget the lies and betrayal. The conservatives will not get in again for a decade. (and perhaps with the wreck of a country BoJo is going to leave, that was the plan all along).

Iwantcollarbones Mon 25-May-20 20:35:36

I found it rather convenient that he didn’t have symptoms, despite all around him falling ill, until he woke up the morning after he arrived. Utter bullshit the whole thing. He has to go.

A reasonable journey, within the guidelines he helped set, would have been if the grown up nieces who volunteered to help had travelled down when he and his wife were too incapacitated to look after their child. ‘Just in case’ is not nearly within the spirit. Fucking idiot

Noconceptofnormal Mon 25-May-20 20:38:05

I thought he came across pretty well, he was humble and respectful in my opinion.

The Barnard Castle thing was probably not true, but that is a minor transgression really. But the rest I think is completely understandable, especially that he didn't feel comfortable his family convalescing in his London home. He's not a celebrity, he and his family haven't invited the attention / backlash and unfortunately I can well believe a nasty minority of his political opponents and the media are camped outside their house.

The vocal minority literally spitting blood like the bile Beth Rigby don't represent what most people think, which is yes he broke lockdown like so many others, but can we move on now.

EstherEliza Mon 25-May-20 20:38:29

Well I don’t know if I’ve had it as I’ve not been tested. But I no longer give a fuck. Can’t be that serious is govt aren’t following the rules

Oh well if you want to run the risk of dying then go for it. Can't argue with stupid...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »