Talk

Advanced search

Fed up with mother flouting lock down

(4 Posts)
JKD1982 Sun 24-May-20 23:40:19

My mum lives alone and I understand she’s found lock down hard. The whole family have done what e we can to stay in touch on video calls etc

She’s now decided that social distancing isn’t necessary and just to go back to normal life. She’s had friends over for dinner and visited my 89 year old grandma in her house. She seems to think the chances of catching it are low and her words “the NHS know Joe to treat it now and I wouldn’t be that unwell”

I’m 37 weeks pregnant and told her she isn’t invited over and can’t see my baby till I’m comfortable it’s safe. She’s ignoring that and started trying to book a hotel in the area to stay.

AIBU to tell her off? Is everyone else given up on social distancing now? Am I being over cautious? I am just following the government guidelines and fed up that she thinks she f doesn’t have to

OP’s posts: |
TheMobileSiteMadeMeSignup Sun 24-May-20 23:42:08

Keep the door locked and don't let her in. You can't stop her booking a hotel or whatever (are hotels allowed to take bookings?) but you can prevent her accessing your home.

Tedgy Sun 24-May-20 23:43:46

It sounds like she's using her instincts to be a good parent.

PorpentiaScamander Sun 24-May-20 23:51:05

My whole family are breaking lockdown. All visiting each other. Sharing meals. Etc etc. Apparently they would invite me but 'you don't drive and we arent allowed to car share so we can't pick you up' hmm

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in