Talk

Advanced search

to be shocked by this influencer?

(8 Posts)
BanKittenHeels Sat 23-May-20 23:35:11

Actually maybe I shouldn’t be shocked by the behaviour of a so called “influencer”, so feel free to bollock me over the aspect. grin

But anyway, has anyone else seen the story of the famous Skating youtuber who is touring skate parks (even those that were fenced off) and encouraging children to meet him during lock down and social distancing?
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/parents-deeply-concerned-after-youtube-18301457

He has a video on his YouTube channel right now shaking hands with kids as hanging out with them for an afternoon.

His Instagram comments are full of him defending himself by calling lots of covid news conspiracies. And dismissing it as the flu and saying he absolutely won’t be social distancing. Instagram initially took the posts down but have allowed them back up!

I’m not usually the pitchforks type but something about this behaviour and beckoning kids out to meet him in a fairly deprived area in order to develop his online persona further makes me feel ill.

LoutyBooty Sun 24-May-20 06:22:55

Covid 19 aside, I find it weird a 22 year old man encouraging children to meet him at an isolated place.

Nancydrawn Sun 24-May-20 06:57:19

He "describes himself as a professional scooter rider," according to the article.

I'm not sure he's deeply invested in making thoughtful life decisions.

ArriettyJones Sun 24-May-20 07:30:19

Nothing “influencers” (ordinary people with an attention seeking complex) do is very surprising but as @LoutyBooty says, this sounds at least three types of iffy.

SharpieInThe Sun 24-May-20 07:38:09

Sounds like a nonce.

Nikhedonia Sun 24-May-20 08:41:06

COVID-19 wouldn't be the only thing that would worry about me about children meeting someone in a deserted place...

DahliaDay Sun 24-May-20 08:42:52

Oh I thought it was going to be about the other skater influencer who likes kids!

BanKittenHeels Sun 24-May-20 11:09:25

God how many skate influencers are there?

This is so grim.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »