Talk

Advanced search

Cummings went to Durham twice

(25 Posts)
StarbucksSmarterSister Sat 23-May-20 21:57:19

He returned there a week after coming back.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857

How can they defend this second visit?

Prestonsouthend Sat 23-May-20 21:58:54

Why start yet another thread about bloody Cummings.

BakewellTarts Sat 23-May-20 21:59:09

Yes I saw a report...fucker! Clearly the rules don't apply to him.

YouTheCat Sat 23-May-20 22:06:30

I wonder how many people he and his partner infected on their road trip? Twat.

Burpalot Sat 23-May-20 22:07:34

What a great piece of journalism. Timing is...

Burpalot Sat 23-May-20 22:07:44

Everything

StarbucksSmarterSister Sat 23-May-20 22:09:02

Because Preston I didn't want this to get lost in the other threads. I wanted people to see what an utter bloody hypocrite he is. People were unable to attend their child's funeral because they were made to follow the rules. Countless people could not be with parents, spouses, CHILDREN, when they died but this fucker does what he likes.

Feel free to hide the thread if you like.

Thank God we have a few real journalists still.

HollowTalk Sat 23-May-20 22:10:46

I hope he goes as a result of this. I wanted him to go anyway, but this is unforgivable.

StarbucksSmarterSister Sat 23-May-20 22:11:18

Timing is...

Isn't it? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Downing Street right now. Serves them right.

Pippa Crerar has played a blinder with this.

StarbucksSmarterSister Sat 23-May-20 22:12:30

Trouble is, even if he resigns I bet he still lurks around in the background, even if he's not an official advisor.

DahliaDay Sat 23-May-20 22:12:41

It’s done now

meditrina Sat 23-May-20 22:23:16

a) he knows where the bodies are buried. What sort of exit deal would he insist on?
b) why now? What else is going on that we should be paying more attention to?

Notcontent Sat 23-May-20 22:48:48

Excellent point meditrina. There is something a bit odd about the timing of all this.

ssd Sat 23-May-20 22:54:48

Why is it odd, are you trying to say he's orchestrating the whole thing?

Well I never.

IDefinitelyHaveFriends Sat 23-May-20 22:59:51

The timing of the journalist was what’s being praised. Bring out the first trip and let Team Cummings spend all their energy defending why this trip was particularly uniquely necessary and done in the safest possible way.

Then bring up the second visit and the trip to Barnard’s Castle, and let them wriggle.

StarbucksSmarterSister Sun 24-May-20 00:32:47

He also appears to have been there on 10th May - people Tweeted about it at the time.

ssd Sun 24-May-20 00:38:04

A 3rd visit??

Allmyeye Sun 24-May-20 01:17:23

Not sure he’ll survive now this is out but if he doesn’t he’ll be back in a few months.

Lynda07 Sun 24-May-20 02:07:42

He 'possibly' went twice. Someone 'thought' they'd seen him. I also read they looked up his car number plate! Can you actually imagine doing that? It takes curtain twitching to an entirely new level.

Honestly, I wouldn't have recognised him had he walked past me in the street and couldn't care less. However, while the media are giving him a hard time they're leaving someone else alone so there's that to be said for it.

IDefinitelyHaveFriends Sun 24-May-20 08:02:01

I think that if you see someone quite so high profile and important somewhere that they definitely shouldn’t be, in violation of policies they themselves had set, then it’s entirely natural to be curious and actually laudable to start by double checking whether you had the right person or you’d mistaken him for someone else.

FergusSingsTheBlues Sun 24-May-20 08:07:32

I am so so suspicious about this

Why now? As everyone is freaking out about return to work and school ?

Because the natural response is .... “fuck it, I’ll go see my parents too!”

They WANT is to end lockdown just like they wanted it to be publically demanded... I mean that worked didn’t it! By the time they locked down people were desperate for it, I know I took my kids out of school a couple of days before they announced it because I was fed up of worrying

SimonJT Sun 24-May-20 08:13:44

The government denies the secons trip happened, yet Durham police confirm that they visited his father who confirmed Cummings as there for the second visit.

IDefinitelyHaveFriends Sun 24-May-20 08:45:09

I’m as suspicious of this shower as the next Labour voter, but I honestly don’t believe that this is a fiendishly cunning plan by a mastermind to reveal his own massive hypocrisy and probable criminal activity.

I think it’s a neatly executed attack by some competent journalists who’ve found something very damaging about someone they loathe and are publishing it in the most damaging way possible (as is their right).

Pedallleur Sun 24-May-20 08:45:45

Second trip is denied. Just waiting for the photo to appear.

StarbucksSmarterSister Sun 24-May-20 11:42:00

Has he denied the third visit on 10th May? People actually mentioned that on Twitter on the day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »