Talk

Advanced search

End of August holiday - UK - will it happen?

(9 Posts)
Bibijayne Sat 23-May-20 19:54:38

Back in early February I booked a week's self catering cottage in Cornwall for 29 August - 5 September.

How likely do you think it will be that we can go?

YABU - no chance
YANBU - you should be good

Thepilotlightsgoneout Sat 23-May-20 20:00:09

Nobody knows. What’s the point in asking what we think? Even if 100% on here say they think it will go ahead, it doesn’t mean it will.

Moomin12345 Sat 23-May-20 20:01:25

Exactly. Not many clairvoyant people in here.

1FootInTheRave Sat 23-May-20 20:15:10

I think it will go ahead but that restrictions will still be in place.

Waxonwaxoff0 Sat 23-May-20 20:28:33

I think by then you'll be OK but it might be a different experience than normal.

Bibijayne Sun 24-May-20 08:21:07

Thanks folks. I don't really.mind if load aid restrictions are in place. Our little boy will have just turned two, so walks on/ near a beach with him and the dog and reading books/ drinking wine in the evening would be fine.

Hingeandbracket Sun 24-May-20 08:23:30

Also booked a UK hol for August (though not in Cornwall thank fuck). According to company it’s looking likely, but they have kindly let us have more time to pay the balance so we’ll all know more before it’s due.

Irnbroothenoo Sun 24-May-20 08:25:24

We have a holiday with Forest Holidays in Norwich booked at the beginning of August. We called up before paying the balance off and they are opening up at the end of May so it’ll be fine

Bibijayne Sun 24-May-20 11:15:12

Forest Holidays are lovely @irnbroothenoo

This cottage was a bit of a steal which is why I booked it so early. The whole week. Three bedrooms, child and dog friendly, next to a beach for under £300 for that week.

They'll let us move dates if lockdown measures mean we cannot go. But I'd really like a break to look forward to. Plan was to have a bit of a birthday tea on the first night for my son's second birthday a few days before.

Fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »