Talk

Advanced search

Kids driving me nuts!!!

(7 Posts)
Cathy1984 Sat 23-May-20 19:19:45

Is anyone else at the point of losing the plot!!! I have two boys age 3 and 6. They have spent all day refusing to do as they are told, arguing, running around screaming, moaning, not listening etc etc. I try really hard to do nice things with them but despite this I feel like they don't give a toss about anything I do or say!! If I take them out then it's okay but they just seem absolutely incapable of being in the house. School work is a complete battle. I am feeling so trapped and tired! Never thought I'd be looking forward to going back to work!!!! Fed up of nagging and shouting πŸ˜•

NuffSaidSam Sat 23-May-20 20:52:36

YANBU it's really hard.

They just need loads of exercise at this age. Is the weather good where you are? Could you take them out for a really long walk/play tomorrow and then do an afternoon of screen time? Give yourself an easy day. Fishfingers for tea. Don't bother with baths or anything that causes stress.

Merryoldgoat Sat 23-May-20 20:58:25

Yup.

Mine are 2 and 7. They both seem to want to be attached at all times. The 2yo won’t stop moving furniture around and has ripped the door of a cabinet and broken a dining chair.

I feel like screaming VERY LOUDLY

Cathy1984 Sat 23-May-20 21:09:02

Thanks for your replies. I normally take them out on their bikes everyday. Today's ride was cut short due to a rain shower πŸ˜• I attempted an art activity and to bake a cake and both ending up with me having to tell them off. To be fair most days have been okay but for some reason today was just so hard. It was like talking to a brick wall all day! They just ignored me and did whatever they wanted! Hasn't helped that husband has been doing our garden and so has spent the last 2 weekends out there. 7 days a week of 100% solo childcare is hard work. Hats off to all those single parents out there!

bathorshower Sat 23-May-20 21:16:00

I'm glad I'm not alone. DD spent two hours today alternately screaming and sulking about being asked to unload the dishwasher (which she does every day). Those two hours weren't much fun for any of us...

Clockworkprincess Sat 23-May-20 21:18:25

Ds4 has been a terror! He's not being stimulated enough, struggling to find things for him to do as he's past any nursery work that's been sent to us and don't want to work too far ahead as he'll be bored when he goes to school in September. He's a wonderful boy usually but omg recently its enough to tear my hair out!

Cathy1984 Sat 23-May-20 21:50:30

Oh dear πŸ˜• glad it's not just me! Let's hope we all have a better day tomorrow πŸ™πŸ™

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started Β»