Talk

Advanced search

to think Cummings is being blackmailed?

(144 Posts)
randomer Sat 23-May-20 18:59:21

Why now? Why has it come out?

YouTheCat Sat 23-May-20 19:14:57

The way many Tory MPs have come out to support him I'd say he's the one who knows where the bodies are buried.

randomer Sat 23-May-20 19:25:03

Yes, the vicar with the candlestick in the library.

lljkk Sat 23-May-20 19:27:21

it's odd that these things are coming out many weeks later, agreed. Same with Ferguson.

SorrelBlackbeak Sat 23-May-20 19:28:31

Because of the IOPC report about Jennifer Arcuri's relationship with Boris Johnson when Mayor of London. He's taking one for the team.

mbosnz Sat 23-May-20 19:29:19

Blackmailed? If he'd resigned, maybe! As it stands - nope. Possibly held to account after fourth estate have made very sure they have their legal ducks in a row.

randomer Sat 23-May-20 19:29:52

So because Boris couldn't keep it in his pants, Dom and his covid away day are a smoke screen?

TheMotherofAllDilemmas Sat 23-May-20 19:30:57

I was wondering why the news just come out now, when the government is trying to convince us it is safe to use public transport, go back to work or send our kids back to school with hardly any guidelines and against medical advice.

I don’t think it is safe to lift the lockdown yet, I have been very careful and respecting the advice, I have not seen my partner for 8 weeks, but after seeing such blatant disregard of the rules even I feel like we should all forget about the lockdown, because if DC can ignore the rules, so can we!

Inverse psychology much? grin

... I wouldn’t put it past Dom, psychopaths don’t make such basic mistakes.

BlackberryCane Sat 23-May-20 19:32:29

The way many Tory MPs have come out to support him I'd say he's the one who knows where the bodies are buried.

Exactly my point! Several of them have made genuine arses of themselves and they're not all so thick they won't have realised. The government really are using up a lot of political capital to defend him, which is particularly interesting given that most of the Cabinet allegedly hate him.

youwereagoodcakeclyde Sat 23-May-20 19:33:20

I agree with YouThe Cat, he must know all kinds

lljkk Sat 23-May-20 19:37:03

funny, I doubt DC knows much of any gossip!

He's not the kind of guy who A) you would choose to confide in B) has many true allies C) is much interested in other people as people. He seems to understand how to manipulate crowds and mass messages but has no personal charm that would lead to embarrassing indiscretions being disclosed. I honestly think he's the last person to have much grasp on anyone's secrets (other than his own).

btw, why is Mary Wakefield's job position so secure? The least disputable part of this story is that she is the person who travelled while very symptomatic. Does Fraser Nelson just not give a toss about hiring reputable people?

lljkk Sat 23-May-20 19:38:05

... now MW, as a journo and member of establishment elite, SHE may know a lot about where bodies are buried. I'll give you that.

ChardonnaysPetDragon Sat 23-May-20 19:38:12

It’s not Cummings that’s been targeted here.

TheMotherofAllDilemmas Sat 23-May-20 19:38:56

The Guardian has just released the news that witnesses reported seeing DC in Barnard Castle (30 miles north of Durham) in the weekend after he returned to London after “recovering” from the virus.

FuckThisWind Sat 23-May-20 19:47:30

Arrange these words into a sentence;

Cummings As A Psychopathic Driven Boris A And Framed Fraud Career Narcissist.

Or the other way round. Either way, still stinks of shit.

Neither are good for the country. And the sooner people realise that, the better.

randomer Sat 23-May-20 19:48:34

He's got to go now.

LizzieMacQueen Sat 23-May-20 19:51:58

Story blown because of his love of ABBA's Dancing Queen. I love this.

Bibijayne Sat 23-May-20 19:52:00

I'd imagine it is out now because 1) legal checks and confirmations are solid. 2) if it had broken when he and Boris were still sick it would have not played well with the general public and 3) his wife recently wrote and published an article for the Spectator about their experience of self isolation and Covid 19 that has now been proven to be false.

TheSparklyPussycat Sat 23-May-20 19:52:56

Barnard Castle is about 20 miles SW of Durham (l realise this is irrelevant to the thread).

lazerbullet Sat 23-May-20 19:54:25

I don't really see the point in thinking conspirationally with stuff like this. It seems simple to me; he broke the rules and got found out.

Thescrewinthetuna Sat 23-May-20 19:54:51

There’s something so weird and sinister about the whole thing. He must have major dirt on people. But yeah why is it coming out now?

lljkk Sat 23-May-20 19:55:41

Mirror has more juicy details.

YouTheCat Sat 23-May-20 19:57:34

There was a witness who checked out his number plate to make sure it was Cummings out and about with his wife. I'd imagine he went to the papers.

HipTightOnions Sat 23-May-20 19:59:59

If this is right the papers have played a blinder.

LizzieMacQueen Sat 23-May-20 20:01:08

God, he's not got any friends up North has he?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »