Talk

Advanced search

To ask you what you think about this picture?

(49 Posts)
PurpleThistles84 Sat 23-May-20 18:40:54

This is a picture of my babies legs. I see something that is worrying me and want to speak to the HV and have my DS looked at, DH thinks I am overreacting. I will happily say what it is, just want to see what others think without any clue as such first.

RedHelenB Sat 23-May-20 18:43:39

Can't see anything amiss?

AnathemaPulsifer Sat 23-May-20 18:43:41

hipdysplasia.org/developmental-dysplasia-of-the-hip/infant-signs-and-symptoms/asymmetry/

I’d get it checked out.

HavelockVetinari Sat 23-May-20 18:45:36

First thing that jumped out at me is uneven creases - can be a sign of hip dysplasia. Get a referral from your GP to see a paediatrician, the younger this is fixed the easier for you and baby.

HavelockVetinari Sat 23-May-20 18:46:33

X-post with @AnathemaPulsifer

Bluebooby Sat 23-May-20 18:48:16

Possibly hip dysplasia? My dd was checked for it when she was a baby. No harm in getting your baby checked over. flowers

bananapuddles Sat 23-May-20 18:48:28

Yep, uneven creases. GP for referral, see if you can send pics or a video call.

Smellbellina Sat 23-May-20 18:50:02

If you’re concerned you should absolutely speak to your GP, they would always rather see a baby than not.

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace Sat 23-May-20 18:51:21

I haven't read any of the thread, in order not to be influenced by other posters.

They look like gorgeous, chubby, baby legs to me smile I can't see anything amiss.

lucindalovescats Sat 23-May-20 18:51:41

Hips do look potentially displaced, send a photo to your gp or ring your health visitor. If it is that then it can be fixed, so try not to worry yourself too much. My nephew had this and just had to wear a brace for a bit.

vanillandhoney Sat 23-May-20 18:52:19

Yes, hip dysplasia comes to mind for me as well. Speak to your GP if you're worried - it's easily fixed in young babies.

UnicornRainbow83 Sat 23-May-20 18:53:24

Uneven creases, I would get it checked out asap.

Sickoffamilydrama Sat 23-May-20 18:54:17

Yes uneven creases and general leg shape.

ChangeThePassword Sat 23-May-20 18:54:25

I would get baby checked out. Just to be sure. That crease could be a sign of hip dysplasia.

Just scanned up to see others have already suggested it.

FadedRed Sat 23-May-20 18:55:21

Agree with (most) pp’s that you should get her hips checked. Hope it’s all ok.

justanothernameonthewall Sat 23-May-20 18:55:56

Yes, left hip dysplasia? I'd get it checked out.

ShambalaHambala Sat 23-May-20 18:56:22

Would definitely get this checked out OP. Try not to panic though. Might be nothing, and if it is hip dysplasia it's usually easily fixed.

TheBabyAteMyBrain Sat 23-May-20 18:56:38

I would defiantly raise concerns of hip dysplasia to my gp. If they have the services to just send the photo they should be able to refer to the proper services from that.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sat 23-May-20 18:57:50

Your H probably won’t have read, or be aware of, the importance of baby’s creases. They’re not just super cute, they can indicate a problem as you rightly noticed. We’re told to look out for these things when we’re pregnant - dads miss out on some of this info. Definitely ignore him and make an appointment.

NailsNeedDoing Sat 23-May-20 18:59:21

I noticed the uneven creases but I got my baby checked out because of those and it was fine, no problem at all.

oohnicevase Sat 23-May-20 19:07:09

The creases not matching ?

Redwren Sat 23-May-20 19:11:16

Worth getting checked, I panicked 2hen my baby had a crease on one side and not the other but the dr checked her and she was totally fine. Tbh I think the dr thought I was bonkers

iusedtohavechickens Sat 23-May-20 19:16:25

My daughter had this, best to get it checked out. She sometimes now has issues where her hips hurt but otherwise all is fine (she's 13 now)

crustycrab Sat 23-May-20 19:20:38

Get checked. In the meantime no swaddling, no bumbo or jumperoo type things. Careful with slings and don't lift babies legs by the ankles when you change nappies.

Always support the base of their back instead (can be messy grin)

YinMnBlue Sat 23-May-20 19:24:59

A baby in our extended family had hip dysplasia. He was in a soft harness for a while which fixed it 100%.

E mailing the pic to your GP is a good idea. May be totally fine, but if there is a bit of an issue, earlier is better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »