Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to report a woman with 4 preschoolers in her car for not using car seats or seat belts

(14 Posts)
ellehcim Thu 20-Sep-07 12:36:46

Just have and now feeling really really bad about it. Only the baby was in a car seat. The other three didn't even have seat belts on. Wasn't brave enough to say something to her about the risks and risk being punched in the face myself!

lulumama Thu 20-Sep-07 12:37:53

reported to whom?

ellehcim Thu 20-Sep-07 12:40:23

Police parked down the road. Felt someone should say something but now I'm feeling sorry for her.

mindalina Thu 20-Sep-07 12:42:05

No I think you've done the right thing. Why are you feeling sorry for her? She is endangering the lives of children, and hopefully the police will have a word and she won't do it again.

ellehcim Thu 20-Sep-07 12:45:56

cant be nice though to be in sainsburys with your friend and her children (I think they had two each) and be approached by the police. Better than having injured children though of course.

lulumama Thu 20-Sep-07 12:46:19

how did the police respond?

belgo Thu 20-Sep-07 12:47:16

would the police approach her in sainsbury's? I would have thought they would only stay something if they actually saw her themselves.

ellehcim Thu 20-Sep-07 12:48:36

They took the registration and said they'd deal with it. Is it actually illegal now? I think it is but have no idea what the sanction is.

missgriss Thu 20-Sep-07 12:49:54

The driver is fined if backseat passengers are not wearing seatbelts (if under 14) I think.

ellehcim Thu 20-Sep-07 12:52:37

oh dear. that might be a few less chicken nuggets this week then.

belgo Thu 20-Sep-07 12:56:09

but they may only fine her if they see her themselves. I don't think they would just go what you say.

2shoes Thu 20-Sep-07 12:57:04

yanbu worse to hear of an accident later and the dc's bing flug through the windscreen.

ellehcim Thu 20-Sep-07 12:59:03

no I thought that and felt slightly better and then realised she wouldn't actually be able to get back into her car since her friend was sitting in the front and they had a baby seat so there wouldn't be enough spaces for the other three children to use seat belts. How do large families cope? Presumably they have to get people carriers

Paulatwinmum Thu 20-Sep-07 13:12:51

i have twins and i have had to buy a 7 seater to fit in the 2 carseats, their pushchair and everything else that is needed.

i think you definately did the right thing - i would have done the same!!! You may have saved the lives of innocent children. Don't feel bad.xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now