Talk

Advanced search

to think the tide is turning?

(9 Posts)
CrowdedHouseinQuarantine Sat 23-May-20 09:48:47

only 1% of people dying
Entitled NHS staff.

the threads I am reading in the last 2 days are full of it.

zingally Sat 23-May-20 09:53:32

Turning on what tide? Anti NHS?

You're going to have to be clearer. What you're asking doesn't make any sense, to me at least.

Mucklowe Sat 23-May-20 09:54:01

Tell us more.

CrowdedHouseinQuarantine Sat 23-May-20 09:55:14

so many anti lock down posts,
so many posts saying the virus was not bad

Echobelly Sat 23-May-20 09:58:02

I don't think there's any more of that sentiment than there has been all along - there's been people saying lockdown isn't necessary and 'it's only old/sick people' the whole time. I'd say they're a noisy minority.

CrowdedHouseinQuarantine Sat 23-May-20 10:01:13

thanks @echo

CountryCasual Sat 23-May-20 10:13:10

I agree. I don’t think the tide will ever turn 100% against NHS staff but as always the moment we’re not all scared shitless of dying the respect and admiration they’re currently receiving will stop and go back to normal.

It’s already happened with other ‘key workers’ I’ve seen a fair few slam threads about trumped up delivery drivers/shelf stackers...etc. People are really turning on that title and NHS/Emergency workers will probably be next, although they’ve always had some level of respect so I imagine they’ll at least retain that.

Personally I think it’ll be easier for Dr/Nurses/emergency workers to accept though as they’ve got years of experience being ‘unsung hero’s’ I think other ‘key worker’ professions might find it harder to let go of their perceived status post CV.

Boulshired Sat 23-May-20 10:14:36

I can see the tide turning where I am, some of my neighbours are now having visitors. I live at the end of a coastal path with a woodland area where I walk the dog and there are lots of teenagers/ young adults hanging about in large groups. The 2m rule is some of the supermarkets seem a thing of the past. People queuing nicely outside but once inside it seems to disappear. There does seem a sense of getting on and living alongside the virus. There has always been a percentage of people who have problems with people working in the NHS, schools, police it’s probably that their post are more click bait at the moment so stay active which encourages others to start the own.

TabbyMumz Sat 23-May-20 10:19:11

Yes, people are fed up with it now. My neighbour hasnt really followed lockdown at all. Her boyfriend keeps appearing and staying overnight every few days, her daughter has had a teenage friend over to stay for a week. Last night, they had friends round in the house for drinks. They both work and she is a nurse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »