Talk

Advanced search

Are my standards too high?

(5 Posts)
Runningforfood Sat 23-May-20 07:36:02

I just constantly feel like my life/ I am not good enough but nothing is actually wrong.

House is relatively tidy, lovely beams- all I can see is the carpets need replacing, some of painting could be better.

Relationship is good, safe, loving- all I can see is the lack of spark.

I am successful and have a good job- all I can see is that I should be doing better and have worked harder.

I am a low-ish weight and slim- all I can see is my non-defined waist, broad hips and wobbly thighs.

I am walking and running lots, baking, reading in the sun- all I can see is the lack of a proper long distance holiday and how upsetting it is,

Maybe I’m just expecting too much? And the issue is my attitude not my life?

RedHelenB Sat 23-May-20 07:38:03

Definitely your attitude.Either learn to be appreciative or accept that that is how you are.

Snowdown24 Sat 23-May-20 07:43:17

Your wired tight- you sound like one of those people that can’t relax and be in the moment your in- it’s actually HARD for some people to relax and chill out, it takes practice for some, but sounds like it might be a new challenge for you to take on, try stilling your mind?

Runningforfood Sat 23-May-20 07:50:50

I guess problem is I feel like appreciating what I have is accepting I’ve failed to do better...

Oysterbabe Sat 23-May-20 07:54:10

Some people seem to just have that kind of personality, always find something to be glum about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »