Talk

Advanced search

Boss hugged me!

(10 Posts)
AuntieMeemz Fri 22-May-20 23:02:14

Ive been following the rules,and working from home. Boss says i have to go in a couple of hours a week. I dread it, she rarely keeps her distance. This evening she came over and hugged me breifly. Now im scared stiff. Have hubby and 2 teenagers at home. Someone reassure me please! Have emailed her and her boss.

AuntieMeemz Fri 22-May-20 23:35:47

It's weird. I work on a hospital admin team, 5 people in our team have has it, yet noone is very worried - yet tvv says 24/7 keep 2m away. I wouldn't even hug my best feleind right mow.

19lottie82 Fri 22-May-20 23:37:31

Your boss is an idiot, but you’re being over dramatic.

StarlitTrees Fri 22-May-20 23:43:02

You are not being over dramatic at all OP.
You need to speak up and ask her to keep her distance.
Everyone needs to be respectful of everyone's wishes right now and follow the guidelines provided.
I too work in a hospital and have seen how easy it is for the virus to spread within close teams such as wards or offices when people aren't being strict enough with distancing. A number of them have been so ill they have required hospital treatment.
Not over dramatic at all!

Sn0tnose Fri 22-May-20 23:44:04

I don’t think you’re being over dramatic at all. Your colleagues have been ill with this virus. Every government and scientist in the world is telling people to keep their distance. It’s not ‘keep your distance unless you fancy a quick hug’. Could you not have stopped her when she was coming towards you with her arms open?

9While9AndImWaiting Fri 22-May-20 23:56:04

Is she one of those touchy feely types? I hate those. Stand too close, lean in, handshakes, shoulder holds, touch the shoulder..... Getoffmeandmybody and that's before covid19.

IslandbreezeNZ Sat 23-May-20 00:08:58

I realised how much people touched me at work as we headed into lockdown. About 2 weeks before lockdown I recall turning to my manager (who never touches me thank god) and commenting/laughing about much I had been touched that day at work as I had become suddenly more aware of it with covid around. That day I had had 2 x hands in shoulder (men and women!), 2 x people sitting or leaning hands on my desk. That's in a fairly conservative office environment too.

mineofuselessinformation Sat 23-May-20 00:24:16

Have a shower, including washing your hair. Then forget about it until you see her again.
Then tell her that you weren't comfortable to hug you and to please not do it again.

Sparklesocks Sat 23-May-20 00:25:26

As annoying as it is that she needs to be called up on her behaviour I think you need to be assertive, if she comes over too close put your hands up and remind her you’re meant to be social distancing. If she’s not completely ignorant hopefully after a couple of times she will have it drilled into her.

Baileyscheesecake Sat 23-May-20 00:30:03

Report her. Employers need to enforce social distancing. If they don’t you can refuse to go in to work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »