Talk

Advanced search

...to not know what "sockying" means?

(9 Posts)
whatashower Fri 22-May-20 14:02:40

Please enlighten me. Technically I suppose this is a TAAT but I genuinely dont know. ☹️

OP’s posts: |
JacobReesMogadishu Fri 22-May-20 14:04:52

Maybe to do with someone being a sock puppet? They set up a second account which agrees with their first one? Would that make sense in the context?

Ultrasoft Fri 22-May-20 14:06:29

I'd guess what Jacob says but I was enjoying that thread and all the suggestions for alternative less touristy places to visit

whatashower Fri 22-May-20 14:13:23

Ah, thanks. I rarely post and I made such a big effort to post something sensible and temperate so I am somewhat miffed too. And worried I wasnt keeping up with all the young people's jargon. 🤣

implantsandaDyson Fri 22-May-20 14:14:38

A poster name changing or account changing within a thread to agree with usually a controversial/goady post that they'd already made. Although I was on that thread too and I'm not sure sock puppetry was to blame for the thread being pulled, I think Tourism Cornwall might have been sweating a bit.

pigsDOfly Fri 22-May-20 14:22:34

I googled it because I didn't know what it meant either OP. Nothing that seemed to fit the bill came up so I was none the wiser.

Until your thread, now I know. Thank you.

Cornishandnotaprick Fri 22-May-20 16:31:15

I name changed because of that thread! smile

whatashower Fri 22-May-20 16:46:09

Looks like MNHQ having a great day at the WFH office. 😀

PorridgeStoat Fri 22-May-20 16:47:22

Cornishandnotaprick 😂😂😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »