Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anyone can identify this childrens book?

(6 Posts)
Noclue79 Thu 21-May-20 22:16:28

At Primary school in the late 80s/early 90's I read a book from the school library and I would love to be able to find it.

It was for older children and was a bit sci fi/fantasy. The main character was a girl called Ruth I think. She was living in a futuristic world under a dome(?), where all the other characters seemed to have names of virtues: Patience, Charity etc.

I think Ruth was trying to escape maybe. The book title contained the word Dream. I thought Dreamscape or the Dream catchers or something. I think there was at least another book to follow up.

Does anybody recognise the book and have any idea of the title? It's been bugging me for years!

thesuperfluousone Thu 21-May-20 22:22:45

The Dream Catcher by Monica Hughes

violetmartini Thu 21-May-20 22:22:58

Is it The Dream Catcher by Monica Hughes?

EllieQ Thu 21-May-20 22:27:39

The Dream Catcher by Monica Hughes? The other book in the series is called Devil on my Back.

fabricstash Thu 21-May-20 22:29:23

I seem to remember "the devil on my back" about similar thing at same time. Definitely remember the dome. I think it may have been same author

Noclue79 Thu 21-May-20 22:31:37

Brilliant!!! Thank you so much. I have been so close obviously. Google was no help until I put the author in just now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »