Talk

Advanced search

privacy in your own garden

(15 Posts)
Originalyellowbelly Thu 21-May-20 21:59:23

Sitting in my garden earlier and heard a noise like a small aircraft, when I looked up it was a large parachute thing with a person obviously sitting beneath it. He kept flying over our garden and getting lower until I could see him quite clearly. AIBU to think this should not be allowed, how can someone be able to fly low over someone's property with no consideration of privacy.

Iooselipssinkships Thu 21-May-20 22:12:02

Maybe he got blown over by the wind or something? Not that I know anything about parachutting except it looks fucking terrifying. Did he land on your shed?

Originalyellowbelly Thu 21-May-20 22:17:34

No, I haven't got a shed, or a landing strip. I just think it's a bit cheeky to get one of these contraptions just so you can fly around checking on the local population. I might have been sunbathing naked. (I wasn't)

Macncheeseballs Thu 21-May-20 22:26:15

Powerful water gun

Justmuddlingalong Thu 21-May-20 22:34:28

I think you've found the reason nerf guns were invented.

Originalyellowbelly Thu 21-May-20 22:36:51

Oh, I love the idea of the guns, I'm going to make sure I'm fully armed if he appears again!

Asdf12345 Thu 21-May-20 22:37:01

If I remember rightly under 500 feet is supposed to be landing/takeoff/saving life only.

MillicentMartha Thu 21-May-20 22:47:45

We used to get hot air balloons over when I was a child. So quiet, you could call up to them for a chat.

LakieLady Thu 21-May-20 23:01:07

Do you live in Sussex, OP?

We had one of those fly over last night. He wasn't very low though.

IloveParmaViolets Fri 22-May-20 00:25:01

I clicked on the link thinking you were my neighbour complaining about me! She's been grumbling about privacy recently because we've got low fences. I've attached 6 feet false hedge screening panels so she can't nose see into our garden.

I wouldn't have minded so much but she regularly waltzes down our street in an extremely short & thin nightgown leaving little to the imagination. So I don't think she has a right to bleat on about privacy when she doesn't make an effort to keep her arse private.

winetime89 Fri 22-May-20 00:35:13

You don't live in leeds do you. We have them all the time. They seem to fly so low too. Kids like them though so they don't bother me.

cabbageking Fri 22-May-20 00:38:07

Paraglider. Could be worse he could have a camera.

TimeWastingButFun Fri 22-May-20 00:52:55

It's such an odd and random thing to happen that I bet it never happens again. Especially if his parachute thingy got stuck in a tree.

Originalyellowbelly Fri 22-May-20 06:43:43

No, not in Sussex or Leeds, maybe it's more popular than I thought. I still don't like the idea of a total stranger hovering above me while I am sitting in my garden.

Illbedownatthegardenwithmum Fri 22-May-20 06:47:41

One of my fb friends posted a video of this in the Lancaster area. The guy was really low; I wondered whether he’d lost control. It looked like one of the kites people use for kitesurfing!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »