Talk

Advanced search

Small changes that have made a big difference

(9 Posts)
Idtwins Thu 21-May-20 17:41:27

Talk me through small changes you have made in your life that have mad a big difference particularly in terms of your mood/self esteem. Thanks

GingerHippo Thu 21-May-20 17:52:01

Bought a dog!

turquoiseplates Thu 21-May-20 18:10:46

Made a pudding every night for after dinner. It used to be once in a blue moon.
Sit and have a drink or two and relax and chat before dinner, usually outside in the garden.
I spend half my life in a nighty! So much less washing.

wehaveafloater Thu 21-May-20 18:51:16

Had a tattoo. See it every day and it reminds me not to ever get that drunk ever again !

OhioOhioOhio Thu 21-May-20 18:55:49

Dropped alcohol. Feel so much better.

PollyPelargonium52 Thu 21-May-20 18:59:42

Had my fillers done. So worth the money! Only lasts a while but plan to have redone next Feb when beautician runs her winter discount.

AlohaMolly Thu 21-May-20 19:01:08

It sounds silly, but started saving. I’m on a low income currently and last summer DP had terrible MH problems and wanted me to leave. DS was 3, my family live 300 miles away and I was devastated and couldn’t afford to leave even if I had wanted to. I hadn’t realised how vulnerable having no savings made me.

In September I really knuckled down, looked at my finances and have now got over £1k stashed, through various means. It’s made being furloughed easier and I’m maintaining my savings levels despite that. It’s given me A LOT of confidence, knowing I’ve got an emergency fund.

TwistyHair Thu 21-May-20 19:01:57

Deleted everyone off Facebook. I still have it for community groups but no friends on it

Lunaballoon Thu 21-May-20 19:05:31

@turkoiseplates I love your approach! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »