Talk

Advanced search

To think it's strange to send your wife a romantic present every day?

(130 Posts)
DJTanner Thu 21-May-20 17:10:12

An acquaintance has had presents ordered online and sent to her by her husband every day during lockdown. He is isolating at home with her and their kids so it's not as though he's away and sending her presents because of that.

Literally every day she puts a post on Facebook saying 'today's present', and it's been all kinds of things ranging from a huge box of new clothes from an online retailer, to Louboutins, to flip flops, to underwear. Every. Single. Day.

AIBU to think this is strange, and wasteful, behaviour?

anothernamechangeagain Thu 21-May-20 17:11:17

It's not strange and if it's things she'll use it's not wasteful either. It is distasteful of her to share it on Facebook everyday though.

DJTanner Thu 21-May-20 17:11:56

She's a complete show off and bragger about everything and anything, but that's another story.....

VettiyaIruken Thu 21-May-20 17:12:24

No. I think if they enjoy it and can afford it, it's their choice. I think it's sweet.

Smellbellina Thu 21-May-20 17:13:10

Are you sure she isn’t buying them herself?

thedevilinablackdress Thu 21-May-20 17:15:26

Of course it's strange and wasteful. Who needs that much stuff??? Consumerism gone mad.

Megatron Thu 21-May-20 17:16:07

Well I think it's strange too OP.

Namedchangedtoask Thu 21-May-20 17:17:59

I think the idea was sort of sweet - but after a while it would lose its specialness and you’d be like “oh another delivery”

Namedchangedtoask Thu 21-May-20 17:18:29

If anyone wants me to try it for a week though I’m up for the challenge grin

Lulooo Thu 21-May-20 17:18:31

Where does she put all that stuff?
As a teacher, I get a few presents here and there and I often receive them with the immediate thought of where will I put this item.

SheWranglesRugRats Thu 21-May-20 17:19:05

Creepy and planet-rapey. Not to mention putting Amazon warehouse staff at needless risk. Yuck.

lachy Thu 21-May-20 17:19:50

I'd find it a bit odd if DH that for me, and I definitely wouldn't be putting in on social media.

AngeloMysterioso Thu 21-May-20 17:19:57

It’s definitely not normal but I’d love it if DH did that for me!

SerenDippitty Thu 21-May-20 17:20:12

It’s like he’s love bombing her.

I8toys Thu 21-May-20 17:21:26

I bet he's wishing lockdown was coming to an end soon.

Terralee Thu 21-May-20 17:21:45

Lovely!

Thurmanmurman Thu 21-May-20 17:24:11

Each to their own but sharing on Facebook is vulgar IMO.

makingmammaries Thu 21-May-20 17:26:07

What’s the going rate for lords a-leaping?

fivesecondrule Thu 21-May-20 17:26:11

If they can afford it and its what he wants to do for her then that's up to them. Personally I'd rather have the money and going shopping when all this is over and can actually wear a nice outfit somewhere other than Tesco.
Putting it all over FB is absolute cringe though. Probably going to be people on her friends list who have suffered financially because of all this and she's showing off a pair of shoes that'd could cover some peoples mortgage payment/ rent. I'd have to unfollow her.

ItsSpittingEverybodyIn Thu 21-May-20 17:27:17

Definitely weird, it's extreme! And to post it on Facebook is.... oh yeah, its typical Facebook!

GrumpyHoonMain Thu 21-May-20 17:27:52

I think it’s sweet. If it’s not your cup of tea that’s fine.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 21-May-20 17:28:08

Getting blow jobs in the garden during the night

ItsSpittingEverybodyIn Thu 21-May-20 17:34:10

Laurie, what? Lol

DJTanner Thu 21-May-20 17:34:17

Funnily enough @LaurieFairyCake he is known locally for being a serial womaniser/cheater even though his wife is in denial and makes out they have the perfect life.

DamnYankee Thu 21-May-20 17:34:29

I think it's kind of sweet.

Maybe he's trying to stimulate the economy and his wife at the same time grin

It's weird putting it on FB, though. Stopped looking at FB for this very reason...daily political diatribes, daily pictures of meals, daily pictures of pets in different outfits. And this was before the pandemic!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »