Talk

Advanced search

Refund refused: right or not?

(185 Posts)
Supersimkin2 Thu 21-May-20 10:02:33

So this lot arrived from TK Maxx, splintered. I ask for my money back, pointing out that the other stuff in the order was fine.

TK lose the original email with all the pix, I resend the pic I've got left, see below.

Ask timidly again - TK say 'we need more evidence', want pictures 'to show damage' 'for our auditors'.

YABU = how dare you suggest these plates are faulty you greedy cow
YANBU = at 90p each, please refund this Mumsnetter.

NoMorePoliticsPlease Thu 21-May-20 10:04:03

Post them back

LIZS Thu 21-May-20 10:07:33

it's damaged so entitled to a refund or replacement. Presumably that is the packaging which should suffice.

Supersimkin2 Thu 21-May-20 10:18:06

They haven't asked for them back. TK say they need evidence of damage.

Suze1621 Thu 21-May-20 10:22:42

May be ask them what further evidence do they need in addition to the photographic evidence you have already sent.

dontdisturbmenow Thu 21-May-20 10:24:37

I can't make anything out from your picture. It's not a very good one. Maybe they want a clearer picture?

SeriouslyRetro Thu 21-May-20 10:26:27

I did really have to look at the picture to make any sense of it, if it weren’t for the Denby logo I wouldn’t have clicked.

There seems to be a lot of exposure, did you have the flash on?

Megan2018 Thu 21-May-20 10:28:18

You need better pictures! But you are right for a refund.

DanielRicciardosSmile Thu 21-May-20 10:28:25

Why haven't you got the original pictures? TKMaxx losing their email doesn't delete it from your sent folder. confused

areallthenamesusedup Thu 21-May-20 10:28:51

If that is the picture you sent I can understand why they are querying it. It is really difficult to make out the image. I would try and take another picture.

Shoxfordian Thu 21-May-20 10:30:48

The picture isn't very clear

CookieMumsters Thu 21-May-20 10:30:49

It's not a great quality photo. I think they should refund you, but they are NBU to want clear evidence first.

HuckfromScandal Thu 21-May-20 10:30:51

I don’t think that you are being entirely unreasonable, but to be honest, it’s a pretty crap picture, I would have tried to send them a far more clear one in the first instance. However, you should get your money back

T0tallyFuckedUpFamily Thu 21-May-20 10:31:28

I think you need to put the plates on a dark background OP. I had no idea what I was looking at.

Shantotto Thu 21-May-20 10:33:11

It’s over exposed but more than a glance it’s obvious it’s a pile of smashed up plates surely?

YinMnBlue Thu 21-May-20 10:33:28

YANBU but that is a crap picture. I can’t see what is in it.

MogHog Thu 21-May-20 10:35:37

Having worked for Tkmaxx they are normally great with refunds so I can only assume they are asking you to send a better picture of the damage as it isnt clear at all from that picture what and how many are damaged.

AntiHop Thu 21-May-20 10:40:08

If that's the photo you sent them, I'm not surprised they refused it. Send a better photo. If you used the word splintered, that would have also confused them, as that's not the right description.

FOJN Thu 21-May-20 10:43:18

It doesn't sound as if you've technically been denied a refund. Yes it's annoying that they lost the original email. Your photo isn't terribly clear but I can make out the plates are broken. I'd just take a clearer picture to email them. I'd be surprised if they denied a refund then.

ChangeThePassword Thu 21-May-20 10:44:27

I've clicked YANBU but you really should provide better photos than that. Preferably with the delivery note in it as well, so they can see that it's definitely from that order.

As has been mentioned, if you sent the email, it should be in your sent items box with all the photos. If it didn't send, it might be in your drafts folder.

bruffin Thu 21-May-20 10:44:33

Having worked for Tkmaxx they are normally great with refunds
Not in my experience, spent half an hour in our local branch argueing for a refund for a zip that didnt work properly on a coat we bought the day before.

They claimed that because they could do the zip up with it lying on the desk that dd should be able to do it up with it on.

The more they zipped it up and down the more it became unstitched

They then claimed they couldnt take it back because there was human hair on ithmm
Worst customer care i have come across in a shop

But OP i really cant see what the damage is from your photo

Piffle11 Thu 21-May-20 10:45:24

Agree with others that the photo isn’t great. Take another photo - is it a lot of plates that are damaged? They may want evidence of all damage. I had some clear glass baubles arrived damaged one Christmas: 2 of the 3 in the box were smashed. The company wanted a picture of both smashed baubles - in the same photo.

UnderCaffeinated Thu 21-May-20 10:45:26

I can't really be clear on what I am looking at in that photo, it's difficult to see. I can understand why they might ask for some more evidence of the damage if that's all they've got to go on.

heartsonacake Thu 21-May-20 10:48:12

That photo is awful; you can’t tell what’s in it. It’s overexposed. No wonder they want more evidence.

Bartlet Thu 21-May-20 10:48:12

What even is that in the photo? If you sent that as evidence I’m not surprised they’re asking for better photos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »