Talk

Advanced search

to wonder where all the beach revellers are toileting?

(439 Posts)
fiveforty Thu 21-May-20 07:58:26

I think I'd rather stay at home

Finfintytint Thu 21-May-20 07:59:14

They are using the beaches as a toilet.

Godzillasonice Thu 21-May-20 07:59:47

I was wondering that. We live 40 mins from a beach and I often think it would be lovely to go for a walk there but then I remember there’s no toilets so change my mind.

Lavenderpurple Thu 21-May-20 07:59:50

I read a thread yesterday where the op said the beach had human excrement on it.

I agree, I’d rather stay at home.

Waxonwaxoff0 Thu 21-May-20 07:59:59

Peeing in the ocean probably.

Winkywoop Thu 21-May-20 08:00:08

Just read a post on a thread on here saying there's human excrement on the beach

mrsspooky Thu 21-May-20 08:01:11

One tried to come in my garden for a wee yesterday.

fiveforty Thu 21-May-20 08:05:18

What is the appeal of going to these beaches unless you're close to a loo! People can be strange

Francina670 Thu 21-May-20 08:05:50

They need to open toilets immediately. It’s verging on discriminatory. Many women have bladder weakness after pregnancy and it’s a real problem at the moment.

Pinkyponker Thu 21-May-20 08:06:22

We live a ten minute walk from the beach... I can hold my bladder but my 4 and 3 year old wee in the sea blush

Aragog Thu 21-May-20 08:12:48

Francina - or people could just stay closer to home instead, rather than driving 90 minutes each way to visit the beach or a park.

I don't think it's discriminatory to women not to have public toilets open at this time.

I don't have a medical issue but know I'd struggle to go most of the day without needing the loo, so I use my common sense and don't venture that far afield at present. I take responsibility for my own actions.

DdraigGoch Thu 21-May-20 08:13:15

They need to open toilets immediately. It’s verging on discriminatory. Many women have bladder weakness after pregnancy and it’s a real problem at the moment.
@Francina670 neither they nor anyone else ought to be going too far from home, I don't care what the government have decided is allowed. Car parks are closed for similar reasons, people should be staying local.

Settle59 Thu 21-May-20 08:13:27

maybe they don't engage in any lavatorial activity

TorysSuckRevokeArticle50 Thu 21-May-20 08:13:26

It's not discriminatory to have the toilets closed as there is no need for anyone to be travelling to the beach.

The toilets have to be cleaned if they are open and it's been deemed by the councils that they cannot do that safely and according to the 'COVID secure' employer guidance.

Going to the beach for the day is a choice, a want, a desire. It is not a need. If people are unable to hold it, or unwilling to take a travel toilet with them then they should not go. It is completely unacceptable for anyone to be pissing and shitting on the beach, where other people will be subjected to their waste, just because they fancy a day out.

Unshriven Thu 21-May-20 08:14:34

The beachside toilets here are all open, well into the evening.

RoisinD Thu 21-May-20 08:15:45

@Francina670 How is it discriminatory not to open toilets? There is a pandemic with a very high risk of another more serious wave. Who would you expect to keep toilets clean, disinfected etc? You don't have to go to the beach, it is not obligatory. Many have died as a result of Covid, we don't know about the long term effects for many more. Too many feeling entitled and demanding 'their rights'.

Ravenclawgirl Thu 21-May-20 08:16:45

They need to open toilets immediately. It’s verging on discriminatory. Many women have bladder weakness after pregnancy and it’s a real problem at the moment

Seriously? What a ludicrous comment.

Maybe they could just nip into the local ICU for a wee and cut out the middleman entirely.

Settle59 Thu 21-May-20 08:16:52

On a serious note though, I''d be very reluctant to go out where there's no toilet nearby - thank goodness for the larger supermarkets like Tesco Extra!

ScrapThatThen Thu 21-May-20 08:17:06

Yes but the public is the public and not having toilet facilities open in these particular circumstances (being allowed to travel, not much else open, half term) will lead to further public health issues.

Aretheystillasleepbob Thu 21-May-20 08:18:06

Brighton - lots of our beach loos are open. And as for the ‘revellers’ it seemed to me to be mostly local families yesterday and people were well apart. It’s a 5 mile long seafront, there was lots of room.
I don’t believe the ranty poster talking about human excrement on Skegness beach by the way.

Francina670 Thu 21-May-20 08:18:13

Car parks are open in many places now. Even the National Trust have reopened some, but not the toilet facilities.

peperethecat Thu 21-May-20 08:18:54

Toileting is not a verb.

misses point of thread

totallyyesno Thu 21-May-20 08:21:28

Toileting is a verb.

Anyway, I agree that the toilets should be open or Johnson should make it clear that people shouldn't travel. The messages have been somewhat mixed.

mogtheexcellent Thu 21-May-20 08:23:32

Behind the beach huts mostly, mine reeked yesterday shock. I am 10 mins walk to the beach and I only go for an hour at the most because...no toilets.

I had to help some day trippers who couldn't remember the way to their car yesterday. They had been there all day and had a BBQ on the beach angry.

The local council are now opening one set of toilets but they are a long way from the beach and only have 4 cubicles so I suspect covidiots will be using our beach hut for a while yet.

SoupDragon Thu 21-May-20 08:23:34

It only seems to be a verb if it applies to helping someone go though

^ transitive verb^
To take to the toilet or otherwise assist with toilet procedures

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »