Talk

Advanced search

To not see anything meaningful in this home security footage

(134 Posts)
OMGMyLifeIsCrazy Thu 21-May-20 05:02:08

Just wondering if anyone can see anything I'm missing in this home security footage. It's from a couple of years ago but what it shows has been an active debate for me and my ex-husband. Back story isn't important. Just curious as to what others see in the footage. Note: It's blurry because it's pointed towards a street light. For context, the camera is at the front door pointing into the front garden.
ring.com/share/6702065164243721783

Alexindiamondarmour Thu 21-May-20 05:09:54

Hi Op

I can see something underneath the light, not sure what but it looks like it moves towards the end of the video, and then I can def see a car going past from left to right towards the end.

Does that help?

SiaPR Thu 21-May-20 05:14:00

A pony and her foal enter from the right and chase a goat/pig/smaller animal from under the tree near the light.

DryHeave Thu 21-May-20 05:15:12

I see nothing noteworthy.

Mascaramademehappy Thu 21-May-20 05:15:55

There is a shape that moves from the right of the screen to the left. It stays there moving a little for a while then moves away to the right, leaving the way it came at the end of the footage.

Redroses27 Thu 21-May-20 05:21:01

I can see movement at the bottom left hand corner, looks like a cat or dog. What does your ex think he sees ?

LooksBetterWithAFilter Thu 21-May-20 05:23:25

I see nothing at all that other posters see.

OMGMyLifeIsCrazy Thu 21-May-20 05:28:39

SiaPR - that's hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle.
Alexindiamondarmour - what makes you think it's a car?
Redroses27 - I don't want to say what he thinks it was as I want completely unbiased opinions.
Does anyone know if unclear video footage like this can be enhanced substantially?

Moonmelodies Thu 21-May-20 05:28:49

If there is something moving, and that picture quality is the best the camera can do, I'd throw it away.

ArriettyJones Thu 21-May-20 05:28:55

Can I have my two minutes back please? smile

That is the dullest non-footage of blurry nothingness ever. (Maybe an animal or two move a short distance in wet and glare filming conditions?)

This has been a subject of an “active debate” between you and your DH for TWO years?! shockconfused

You need a hobby or something. wink

OMGMyLifeIsCrazy Thu 21-May-20 05:37:31

Moonmelodies - it's normally very clear but it was a rainy night and I think some water got on the lens
ArriettyJones - I do have a very good reason for asking others for their viewpoint. I know it's boring nothingness and it's nice to know that others think the same.

Toilenstripes Thu 21-May-20 05:44:31

There is a figure moving quickly on the right Side at about the 24 second mark, but too blurry to make out what it is.

ArriettyJones Thu 21-May-20 05:46:31

I do have a very good reason for asking others for their viewpoint.

Spill the beans then!

ArriettyJones Thu 21-May-20 05:48:50

Actually - better yet - just refuse to discuss it with him. He must be unhinged.

Clare45BST Thu 21-May-20 05:48:55

Looks like a four legged animal moving from left to right
Hard to gauge size as nothing to set scale

bigmove2020 Thu 21-May-20 05:57:24

Guessing he thinks it's proof of an affair somehow

DameHannahRelf Thu 21-May-20 05:58:11

"There is a shape that moves from the right of the screen to the left. It stays there moving a little for a while then moves away to the right, leaving the way it came at the end of the footage."

^That's what I saw too.

OMGMyLifeIsCrazy Thu 21-May-20 06:01:02

ArriettyJones - I will spill the beans but would like to get a few more thoughts from others. Who knows? Someone may see something different.

ArriettyJones Thu 21-May-20 06:01:50

Fair enough.

Alexindiamondarmour Thu 21-May-20 06:01:58

Hmm so the speed it went by made me think it was a car. It really is like a grey/white shadowy blob to me. I can’t see the other things clearly at all that other posters are saying.

Was it a car?! Did I get it right?!

Alexindiamondarmour Thu 21-May-20 06:03:28

Also I’m seeing it enter on the left and exit on the right, I can’t see something coming in and exiting the same way it appeared like other posters can.
I’m intrigued OP!

OMGMyLifeIsCrazy Thu 21-May-20 06:04:37

Alexindiamondarmour - I can't say yet but check a little bit later and I'll let everyone know.

MortyFide Thu 21-May-20 06:07:49

That's so indistinct I couldn't swear to it, but I think I see TWO shapes going from right to left at the beginning, one then another just behind - they both stay under the light for a few seconds then one shape moves quickly back across to the right.

DameHannahRelf Thu 21-May-20 06:08:22

On rewatching though, it looks like two somethings go from left to right at the start, a person walking a dog, with the dog trailing behind them maybe? And the bigger figure looks kind of like a human running from right to left near the end? Maybe someone approaching a person or car to give directions, get something off them (or to do buy drugs?), then taking off back the way they came?

mathanxiety Thu 21-May-20 06:09:13

Maybe a person, maybe a garden gate post to the left of the light. Some movement from right to left, one thing dark, one thing light which may be an animal. Then something light moves from the gatepost/person toward the right. Only the small white thing gets close to the gatepost/person. Nothing gets between the camera and the street light.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »