Talk

Advanced search

Worried about DPs

(3 Posts)
gigglypip Wed 20-May-20 22:47:53

DPs in 70s, live in a village. About 10 or so years ago, a business moved into an industrial property opposite, and over the years, has been a cause for concern.

The business owner has previously threatened neighbours he perceives to be snooping on the property, cars have been deliberately scratched etc. When he's been reported to the police, nothing has happened. He's perviously been in prison for a violent crime (sorry, can't remember exactly what).

My DPs have largely stayed out of this. About a year a go, the guy came to their door accusing them of looking at his property through the window (it's opposite it, unmissable from any window).They'd were in the back yard when the alleged offence happened, and the guy realied it must have been someone else.

The latest thing is that they looked out of a window today and saw him staring up at the window and then take a photo of them. They reported it to the police later, only to find this guy has reported THEM for taking photos of his children. WTAF. They've never even seen any children there in the 10years, let alone even contemplated taking photos obviously.

I'm really worried about this escalation and would love to know what practical advice I can give them. They are extemely concerned.

gigglypip Thu 21-May-20 08:12:37

Shamelessly bumping...

Finfintytint Thu 21-May-20 08:16:52

They should start keeping a record of any incident with a view to reporting him for harassment if his behaviour escalates.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »