Talk

Advanced search

Neighbour talking on phone in garden all day and taking calls on speaker phone

(268 Posts)
UnshakenNeedsStirring Wed 20-May-20 18:33:23

Since the lockdown the neighbour has decided to sit in the garden and work. He talks all his call in the garden, talking loudly. Its 6:30 pm and he is still on his phone. I can hear him in my living room! I can also hear all the the participants on the phone! It starts at 10 am and goes on till 7 pm. I cant keep the patio doors open or the noise will be horrendous! Talking to him wont work, they are not the type you can reason with.Its driving me mad! Any suggestions? Maybe I should play music, loudly!!

WelcomeToTheMountaintop Wed 20-May-20 18:34:28

Join in?

Shout helpful suggestions over?

Caterinaballerina Wed 20-May-20 18:34:38

Absolutely you should make as much noise as possible to herd him back inside.

TheProvincialLady Wed 20-May-20 18:35:25

Haven’t you got a trombone or something?

fitflopqueen Wed 20-May-20 18:36:26

how about lawn mowing as he's about to go on a call or strimming. Get a radio on and do some outdoor exercise to disco music.

Redglitter Wed 20-May-20 18:36:39

OMG do you live 2 doors down from me. I had to come indoors today because I couldn't stand listening to my neighbour and his very loud partner having their daily phone call. He makes all his bloody calls on speaker

GingerbreadTeen Wed 20-May-20 18:36:44

Have you got a strimmer? Or leaf blower?

Aquamarine1029 Wed 20-May-20 18:37:03

I would be opening the doors and playing music. Loudly. What's good for the goose and all that.

UnshakenNeedsStirring Wed 20-May-20 18:37:27

I dont have a lawn mover! I am buying one now on Amazon

Windyatthebeach Wed 20-May-20 18:38:12

You need to play some inappropriate turns op... And sing along..

GingerbreadTeen Wed 20-May-20 18:38:13

Beaten to it with the strimmer! What about taking up yoga outside with loud grunting.
A polite word possibly if they're approachable?

ILikeSardines Wed 20-May-20 18:38:54

What sort of industry is it?

In lots there is sensitive stuff. So if he says eg xyz company are signing the contract on Thursday, you could shout, is that this Thursday or next Thursday? grin

Probably lawnmower etc is better

UnshakenNeedsStirring Wed 20-May-20 18:39:04

@Redglitter do you live in leafy suburb of SE London? I bet you can hear him in Wales! I am thiking of complaining to the council....

lizzie1970a Wed 20-May-20 18:39:06

Yes, my neighbour does this. He's a nice person but just so inconsiderate. Luckily though when he's being noisy and it's annoying me I shout out the window, "Can you turn that down please" and he does.

Go out and sit in the garden with the radio on loud every time he does it. How one person can monopolise space like this I don't know. The first year I was in this house I couldn't have my windows open in the summer, second summer I got short with him and he got the message and now rarely does it.

WorkingItOutAsIGo Wed 20-May-20 18:39:15

Eminem explicit version is your friend.

FiveFootTwoEyesOfBlue Wed 20-May-20 18:39:26

I think you should loudly join in with his Zoom meetings, add your own pithy comments. 'Mmm, yes Dave, we need some blue-sky thinking here', 'I concur absolutely Jackie, going forward, let's suck it and see', 'Geoff, can you reach out to the team leaders for some 360'...

LaurieFairyCake Wed 20-May-20 18:39:23

Just play shit music loudly and don't answer the door - do it every time he does this

And turn it off when he goes in

It's like training a dog grin

AnnofPeeves Wed 20-May-20 18:40:52

Put on Je t'aime very loudly, followed by Agadoo, and finish up with Combine Harvester. Repeat endlessly. That should sort it

begoniapot Wed 20-May-20 18:40:53

Loud music. Drive him back indoors.

UnshakenNeedsStirring Wed 20-May-20 18:41:14

@WorkingItOutAsIGo tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes

UnshakenNeedsStirring Wed 20-May-20 18:43:14

LaurieFairyCake training like a dog

Love it
I forgot to add, I am in a mid terrace property. The walls are so thin! I can hear when they shag and have a shower ( both not normal number of times lol)

ivykaty44 Wed 20-May-20 18:44:35

Join in?

Shout helpful suggestions over?

This

Igotta Wed 20-May-20 18:45:04

My music would be loud, and shit.

Jeezoh Wed 20-May-20 18:46:42

Baby Shark over and over should do the trick!

cyclingmad Wed 20-May-20 18:47:02

Uegh my neighbours have loud family video calls in the garden and actually even if it's just them two having a conversation they talk exceptionally loud bordering on shouting. I can hear them word for word in my lounge with my double glazed door closed! Sometimes even in the furthest room from them.

I've started playing my loud edm music with bass in my house because I'm far too considerate with making sure my music etc doesn't annoy my neighbour but I reached the end now. Their voices are so grating really rubs me up the wrong way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »