Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up with the constant cock ups?

(6 Posts)
pianopants Wed 20-May-20 00:55:34

I'm due my baby 3rd June but it's been on the cards since 12 weeks that I'll be having a section due to previous birth complications.

My pregnancy is high risk, consultancy led and has been a very tough slog.

Anyway, after a section being discussed and agreed with my consultant and 12 weeks and then at further midwife appointments, all was well. Or so I thought...

Last Monday, I was at what I was told was my dating scan. The midwife mentioned that if I start to go into labour before my due date then to call mat assessment. I asked her, "how does that work with the section?"

She looked at me blankly and had absolutely no idea that was why I was there or that a section was on the cards!

She said I should have received a dating letter at 32 weeks but for some reason, nothing about my section had been logged on the system.

Fast forward to almost 10 days after that appointment, I still don't have a date and I still haven't recieved a letter. I am 38 weeks!

This pregnancy has been one cock up after another with misreading my bloods so not picking up anemia and just so many other things to now this.

Who do I phone? I don't have a dedicated or assigned midwife and haven't seen a consultant since 20ish weeks or have any direct contact numbers. I'm annoyed and starting to worry.

Sorry for the long post.

OP’s posts: |
BigBairyHollocks Wed 20-May-20 01:02:05

Phone the consultants secretary tomorrow and insist on a call with him, and on the call ask him/her to book you in for a date for your section next week, and that you need to know by Friday at the latest what day next week it will be. Ridiculous that you have to jump up and down for this but no-one else is going to sort this for you. Best of luck.

pianopants Wed 20-May-20 01:04:30

Thanks @BigBairyHollocks glad I'm not going mad and that it is in fact, not OK.

P.s love your username 👌😅

BigBairyHollocks Wed 20-May-20 11:06:12

Morning @pianopants fell asleep last night sorry!Hope you get sorted today, let me know how it goes. I’m sure you must be utterly fed up by now, but at least you’ll get to meet your lovely baby soon!👏👏

pianopants Thu 21-May-20 10:42:49

Thanks @BigBairyHollocks. It was mission impossible to get through to anyone yesterday! Ended up having to phone my doctor and really push for support in who to contact and how. Finally got a letter through this morning, so I'm all set for next week 😲 it's real!

BigBairyHollocks Thu 21-May-20 12:07:36

Oh yay @pianopants! Glad you got a set date and no more fighting needed.Best of luck for your delivery,let us know that your little one is here safe and well.flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »