Schools megathread

(10 Posts)
OnTheMoors Tue 19-May-20 21:51:50

Mumsnet admins. We need one thread for all the school topics. Please

OP’s posts: |
DahliaDay Tue 19-May-20 21:53:19

Post it in the correct topic maybe?

MrsFogi Tue 19-May-20 21:55:21

I disagree - this is a site for parents so people are likely to post about education and should be able to choose where their thread sits best be it Primary Ed, Covid, AIBU etc etc

WorraLiberty Tue 19-May-20 21:58:26

I don't understand what you mean by 'one thread'?

Do you mean a separate topic section?

OnTheMoors Tue 19-May-20 22:35:35

So many different threads about schools . Would it be easier to place in one discussion ?

OP’s posts: |
SunflowerSeedsForever Tue 19-May-20 22:37:21

So many different threads about schools . Would it be easier to place in one discussion ?

You mean in a place other than the dedicated Education section with its sub forums of primary, secondary etc

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-May-20 22:39:20

Unless you post in Site Stuff 'Mumsnet admins' will not see this. But there are education topics already.

DahliaDay Tue 19-May-20 22:39:38

or you could post this in site stuff which is a topic made for this reason!

oh the irony!

LolaSmiles Tue 19-May-20 22:46:19

There's a separate education area with sub topics, and a lockdown learning area too.

Unfortunately what tends to happen is that those with genuine questions will generally get answers in the relevant areas and then any old general rant goes in AIBU for the same old goading and bun fight. I'm sure there's bonus points for having 20 of the same thread (here's looking at you 'when are the schools opening') .

SquirtleSquad Tue 19-May-20 22:49:52

As previous posters have said, there are correct sections and subsections for education related questions but unfortunately people like you misuse the site and everything gets muddled.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »