Talk

Advanced search

Idiots complaining about too many people being out when they're out too.

(75 Posts)
DianneWhatcock Tue 19-May-20 10:11:07

A couple days ago on the news they interviewed a woman who had driven an hour and a half to the beach. Think was Dorset.

She was complaining bitterly that it’s “as busy as Tesco’s and it’s sooooo hard to keep distance” with a sad bemused face

It was Like she was Completely not getting the fact she was also at the beach. Or maybe felt entitled to be there herself but felt others shouldn't be

Don’t want to (infinitesimally) risk yourself being around people? Well don’t go to places that will probably be busy and then get angry that others are at that same place too !! 🤦‍♀️

I've seen it all over the place. people on social media posting stuff like "OMG I'm in B&M stores and there's sooooo many people out what's wrong with people" even posting pics of the long queues

Absolute Fuckwits the lot of them

insancerre Tue 19-May-20 10:12:58

And the media are the worst
Travelling to tourist areas to report on the people travelling to tourist areas despite the local tourist board telling them to stay away
BBC I’m looking at you

KRAmum Tue 19-May-20 10:27:34

I was eye rolling the whole time watching that segment. Hypocrisy at its best.

DianneWhatcock Tue 19-May-20 10:30:24

@insancerre

Yes!! Very good point

Justkeepswimmingdory Tue 19-May-20 10:33:01

@DianneWhatcock I was shouting at the TV! It was hilarious.

cushioncovers Tue 19-May-20 10:33:11

I know what you mean op. It's the same as when someone says "you're always in a certain restaurant " but fails to realise the reason they see you in there frequently is because they are also always in there. 🙄😄

Poniesandgin Tue 19-May-20 10:35:00

I have walked the same walk twice a day with my dogs for 10 years and am fed up of the invasion of people and badly trained dogs that clearly never get walked under normal circumstances.

How dare they ruin my peace and quiet. I am a total hypocrite gringrin

HUCKMUCK Tue 19-May-20 10:37:44

There was one on a local FB page yesterday - a popular spot with a lake that has a lovely walk around it but the path is only about 2 feet wide.

Someone posted that they had come for some fresh air and peace & quiet and moaning that she couldn't even get in the car park. Someone commented on her post asking why she was more entitled to be there than anyone else and she replied 'because I've been on lockdown for 8 weeks and I need to get out'

Countless people then telling her she wasn't the only one and funnily enough, she didn't respond again!

Clancey Tue 19-May-20 10:44:18

Then there’s the people that say “I saw you the other day but you didn’t speak”. If they saw me, why the fuck didn’t they speak? Even if you see them they still give you that gormless expectant look & say nothing until you acknowledge them first.

sunflowery Tue 19-May-20 10:46:38

Yes this is massively annoying!

It’s the same as people who go to major tourist hotspots abroad like the Taj Mahal, Ankor Watt and European landmarks and moan that they are too crowded. Well duh if somewhere looks so appealing that you’ll travel to see it the chances are a few thousand other people will have had the same idea.

mrsBtheparker Tue 19-May-20 10:49:13

A bit like my late OH who hated going Christmas shopping because there were too many people Christmas shopping! I did suggest that he asked the stores to open specially for him after hours as I believe they used to do for the Queen when she was younger.

QueenOfWinterfell Tue 19-May-20 10:50:20

Clancy yes to that one! And the type of person who says that just doesn’t get it when you ask why they didn’t say hello to you as if they’re too important to talk to people on the street!

mrsBtheparker Tue 19-May-20 10:52:45

It’s the same as people who go to major tourist hotspots abroad like the Taj Mahal, Ankor Watt and European landmarks and moan that they are too crowded. Well duh if somewhere looks so appealing that you’ll travel to see it the chances are a few thousand other people will have had the same idea.

But they are 'tourists', I'm a 'traveller', apparently there's a difference!

BlackeyedSusan Tue 19-May-20 10:54:55

My personal favourite was thinking it was not great that people were getting chips from the chip shop, on a friday night for their kids...

whilst I was standing in the chip shop getting chips for my kids...

blush grin

Weallhavevalidopinions Tue 19-May-20 10:57:57

I saw that. An hour and a half drive to get there. No toilets open, Lots of people and moaning. She made herself look really silly and entitled. She was mainly moaning about social distancing but if it's busy on a beach that is difficult.

Surely there was someone a bit closer to her than 90 min drive away that she could have gone!

Washyourhands48 Tue 19-May-20 10:58:36

I did laugh when I saw her on the TV on Sunday but the way the tabloids are ripping her to shreds now makes me feel a bit sorry for her.

onlinelinda Tue 19-May-20 10:58:56

True!

Judashascomeintosomemoney Tue 19-May-20 11:00:55

She was definitely the best example so far of that particular kind of complete lack of self awareness.

Iwalkinmyclothing Tue 19-May-20 11:06:47

Oh I know. Like the people a few weeks ago screaming about not being able to get what they wanted from the shops because clearly everyone else who was out shopping was a selfish hoarder buying things they didn't need. They have made me laugh throughout this pandemic, the "when I was out I saw too many people out, JUSTFUCKINGSTAYHOME" brigade.

Fluffybutter Tue 19-May-20 11:06:53

The woman is a bloody idiot.
Was absolutely speechless that she couldn’t see the hypocrisy.
I was cringing for her and her dumb family

DianneWhatcock Tue 19-May-20 11:07:14

@Washyourhands48

Oh no are they?

Feel bad now for joining in kind of

KaronAVyrus Tue 19-May-20 11:15:56

I feel sorry for her. She is being ripped apart on social media.

JacobReesMogadishu Tue 19-May-20 11:18:41

Now I haven't seen the interview only a transcript but I got the impression that she said something like "there's so many people and they're not social distancing" So maybe she was more worried about other people not observing social distancing either with each other or walking too close to her while she was sat still.

If I was sat down and people walked right by me I would be annoyed. But I also would probably have taken one look at how crowded it was and left!

Springersrock Tue 19-May-20 11:19:42

I saw that on the news the other day - I was cringing for her.

When B&Q reopened we had a bloke posting photos and rants all over Facebook about people standing in the queue - while standing in the queue himself. I thought he would explode with rage when other posters pointed out his hypocrisy because he “needed to go”. Well, dur.....

JacobReesMogadishu Tue 19-May-20 11:21:06

And also you have no idea what she was asked before the camera started rolling. She could have been asked "do you think it's busy, do you think people are keeping their distance". And she just answered honestly.

It's not like she went and proactively complained about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »